• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,057 posts in this topic

Perhaps they just got caught up in the "fever" of the auction - all it takes is 2 people who want those issues to drive up the price.

I purchased a #28 a few months back in the same grade for well under half what was paid this time around - but I really think that with the high grades of other issues in the auction that it actually drove up the price.

This is a good point. Never under-estimate the power of having a run for sale together.

I saw this ad in a batman issue i was reading and thought it was pretty cool. Thought id share it even though everyones probably seen it already.

100_2733.jpg

Those DC full page banner ads are so fabulous I've turned several into T-shirts, the ad on the front and the actual comic on the back!

:cool:

What the hell? No posts since December, and those were mine? Must I do everything myself?

Here are scans of some of my other early Justice League comics:

10-06-201244933PM.jpg

10-06-201244939PM.jpg

10-06-201244944PM.jpg

10-06-201244947PM.jpg

10-06-201244951PM.jpg

Edited by Hepcat

It seems that its all about the Avengers these days and the JLA is all but forgotten.

The recent auctions have not been all that strong with JLA's - makes it hard to complete one's collection - although I'm trying.

I saw this ad in a batman issue i was reading and thought it was pretty cool. Thought id share it even though everyones probably seen it already.

100_2733.jpg

That was another great ad done by Ira Schnapp. He worked for DC from 1938-68 and almost singlehandedly defined the DC house style. All the iconic cover logos, including those for Action and Detective Comics, were his designs. He also did all the cover lettering and all those great house ads for upcoming attractions that had me eagerly awaiting those comics to hit the newstands were his work. Ira was truly Mr. DC.

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

Hey Hepcat,

Do you have the entire run of JLAs? I'm like 5 or 6 issues away from completing the entire run....

No. I'm six away from completing the run up to #100 to my satisfaction. I need Brave & the Bold 28 and #5. I need to upgrade #3, 6, 47 and 77. Scans of all the issues up to #35 are here in this thread. I have one or two copies of the higher numbers as well but I haven't yet taken them out of the long boxes and gone over each with a critical eye.

...although not all are slabbed.

I break any I find that way out of their imprisonment before filing them away. Here's a quick look at my files;

ComicRoom.jpg

ComicsLeftSide.jpg

ComicLeftFileCab.jpg

Edited by Hepcat