• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,058 posts in this topic

Lets get back to what I was talking about though, 35,000 is ridiculous and I believe we can all agree to that, considering a 9.4 is pushing 40,000 according to your data.

The history of the hobby is littered with people calling certain asking prices and sales prices "ridiculous". It is also littered with people who wrong about those prices. When you're talking about uncommon books, and a 9.2 JLA #1 certainly qualifies, a ridiculous price often looks like a pretty good price at some time down the road.

Personally, I wish I had stepped up and bought more "ridiculously" priced books over the years.

Lets get back to what I was talking about though, 35,000 is ridiculous and I believe we can all agree to that, considering a 9.4 is pushing 40,000 according to your data.

The history of the hobby is littered with people calling certain asking prices and sales prices "ridiculous". It is also littered with people who wrong about those prices. When you're talking about uncommon books, and a 9.2 JLA #1 certainly qualifies, a ridiculous price often looks like a pretty good price at some time down the road.

Personally, I wish I had stepped up and bought more "ridiculously" priced books over the years.

.....there's still time.... :busy: Personally, I think Brian's book is priced to move. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

No I know, it's very hard to gauge because the book, like many DC keys, has very little pricing data. I'm not in a rush to sell and of course I'm negotiable if someone is serious in terms of interest.

Brian, your JLA 1 is a stunning copy. Congrats. While I am not a player for books in this price range I would like to comment on pricing in general. I prefer to see a relatively firm price rather than a negotiable starting point. I see so many books on Clink with ridiculous asking prices that I hardly look anymore.

I agree with you that it is difficult to price books like this.

bob, the problem with a realistic "firm" price is that the majority of people still haggle and try to scrape some off the price.

I can't tell you how many times I've given somebody a realistic price and they still want a bigger discount.

It's unfortunate for the minority who don't like to haggle but that is the reality of it.

Personally, I think Brian's book is priced to move. GOD BLESS...

But you NEVER think prices are too high.

I think the one time you actually said you thought a book`s price was too high, I almost fell out of my chair. :baiting:

No I know, it's very hard to gauge because the book, like many DC keys, has very little pricing data. I'm not in a rush to sell and of course I'm negotiable if someone is serious in terms of interest.

Brian, your JLA 1 is a stunning copy. Congrats. While I am not a player for books in this price range I would like to comment on pricing in general. I prefer to see a relatively firm price rather than a negotiable starting point. I see so many books on Clink with ridiculous asking prices that I hardly look anymore.

I agree with you that it is difficult to price books like this.

bob, the problem with a realistic "firm" price is that the majority of people still haggle and try to scrape some off the price.

I can't tell you how many times I've given somebody a realistic price and they still want a bigger discount.

It's unfortunate for the minority who don't like to haggle but that is the reality of it.

I don`t understand buyers who don`t want to haggle or don`t try to haggle. You might as well post a big "Sucker" sticker on their foreheads.

Was it for stupid, crazy, outrageous, unthinkable, laughable, ludicrous, coco puff, insane, how dare you asked for that price kind of price?

;)

Very nice book and I am sure the owner will be thrill (thumbs u

I can't tell what's more exciting, the sale, or all your buddies getting off on me actually questioning the pricing of a book you had for sale.

Relax. I don't 100% agree with your criticism, but I'll admit that the price was aggressive and it did not sell for $35k or even $30k.

I can't tell what's more exciting, the sale, or all your buddies getting off on me actually questioning the pricing of a book you had for sale.

Relax, dude. Brian`s one of the good guys. It was a starting price, nothing more, nothing less. As Roy said, if Brian listed it at a realistic price, it still would`ve attracted requests for further haircuts, so he might as well have that conversation from a higher starting point.

Congrats, Brian!

Relax, dude. Brian`s one of the good guys. It was a starting price, nothing more, nothing less. As Roy said, if Brian listed it at a realistic price, it still would`ve attracted requests for further haircuts, so he might as well have that conversation from a higher starting point.

Congrats, Brian!

We're all good guys...I think. hm