• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,057 posts in this topic

They end up being rotated as I add comics. I have more really good comics to file but I've run out of Halfbacks/Thin X-Tenders.

A different day, a different look:

UpperLeftComics.jpg

Lowerleftcomics-Copy.jpg

These top two shelves of the still half empty magazine cabinet in my tom cave are where I display certain comics on a rotating basis:

RightComicCabinetFullView.jpg

RightComicCabinet.jpg

;)

Edited by Hepcat

That's a very impressive collection!

Personally, I could never bring myself to breaking any of my JLA's out of slabs, but I can understand others who do. I do have reader's copies of many of the issues in the run, but I still prefer to have my very best graded and sealed.

I did not think that comics would fit into standard filing cabinets. If they do, perhaps i should use the extra ones that i was going to get rid of after my office goes paperless.

How do you keep the books from falling backward or forward?

A few more of the early Justice League's

80pg8.jpg

jla6.jpg

jla7.jpg

Hepcat,

Nice scans, that #41 looks especially solid - can't see if anything keeps it from at least a 9.6.

My not submitting it to CGC would.

;)

How do you keep the books from falling backward or forward?

I just make sure each section of the cabinet is full enough to prevent any falling over. With 25 sections in each filing cabinet and over 3000 comics that I can put in the cabinet, I just keep arranging and filing until my comics all stand easily but aren't too tight in each section.

:)

They end up being rotated as I add comics. I have more really good comics to file but I've run out of Halfbacks/Thin X-Tenders.

A different day, a different look:

UpperLeftComics.jpg

Lowerleftcomics-Copy.jpg

These top two shelves of the still half empty magazine cabinet in my tom cave are where I display certain comics on a rotating basis:

RightComicCabinetFullView.jpg

RightComicCabinet.jpg

;)

:cloud9:

It must be tough to leave the cave. :applause:

Do you give tours? :wishluck:lol

It must be tough to leave the cave.

Especially since I've furnished it with both a Laz-Y-Boy rocker-recliner and a bean bag in a bamboo frame:

HepcatComicsLazyBoy.jpg

Hepcatlookingattshirt-1.jpg

Do you give tours?

I may have to if business doesn't improve.

:(

Hepcat,

I didn't see a scan of JLA#29 from you...is that missing from your impressive collection?

No, it's not missing. I posted it here when I was posting my Justice Leagues by theme::

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1776139&fpart=164

You actually liked it at the time:

You've got some awesome issues there Hepcat!

Very nice copies!

That's alright though. I'm not always sure what I've posted myself let alone what anybody else has posted.

;)

Edited by Hepcat

Ah,

That was over a YEAR ago! I can't possibly be held to remembering that far back :blush:

Pssst! You let me know if you're looking to unload that particular issue and I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands.

Brad.

That cover set the tone for the next 30-35 issues. The stories were formulaic and artist Mike Sekowsky's grasp of anatomy was shall we say stilted, but the covers were always gorgeous and had great hooks!

(thumbs u