• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,057 posts in this topic

#9 may be a key issue and all, but #10 is harder to find in 9.4 - I've seen a few #9 9.4s for sale/auction in the past year, but #10 just does not come around very often in that grade.

And all it takes is for 2 people to want it to get the price up there.

#9 may be a key issue and all, but #10 is harder to find in 9.4 - I've seen a few #9 9.4s for sale/auction in the past year, but #10 just does not come around very often in that grade.

And all it takes is for 2 people to want it to get the price up there.

the underbidder, if he owns a nice 9.2, should contact me

Hmmm...

If the underbidder didn't get the 9.4, why would he (or she) want to sell their 9.2?

Don't you mean if the winner has a nice 9.2, he should contact you? hm

because i already own a 9.4 and at that price would be happy to downgrade to a 9.2

#9 is one of the easiest issues in the JLA 1-10 run to find in 9.4 or higher. It's matched only by #8.

Hmmm...

If the underbidder didn't get the 9.4, why would he (or she) want to sell their 9.2?

Don't you mean if the winner has a nice 9.2, he should contact you? hm

because i already own a 9.4 and at that price would be happy to downgrade to a 9.2

Ahhh...it is all much clearer to me now. It never occurred to me because I don't know the meaning of the word "downgrade" :grin: only upgrade :headbang:

Yeah,

I checked out that auction about 1/2 hour after it ended. I felt that $8K was going to be the magic number on that one.

soft corners, miswrap and distributor ink - someone just had to own the only 9.6.

Edited by paperheart

Yeah,

I checked out that auction about 1/2 hour after it ended. I felt that $8K was going to be the magic number on that one.

soft corners, miswrap and distributor ink - someone just had to own the only 9.6.

It`s the 2nd copy in 9.6. Rick has owned the first 9.6 copy for a long time. This sale should make him very happy. I`m amazed it`s taken so long for another 9.6 copy to appear, given that it`s a pretty common book in 9.4.

I agree it`s a pretty weak looking book. The distributor ink at the top makes me think maybe I`ve seen this copy before somewhere, but in a lower slab.

Yeah,

It`s the 2nd copy in 9.6. Rick has owned the first 9.6 copy for a long time. This sale should make him very happy. I`m amazed it`s taken so long for another 9.6 copy to appear, given that it`s a pretty common book in 9.4.

I agree it`s a pretty weak looking book. The distributor ink at the top makes me think maybe I`ve seen this copy before somewhere, but in a lower slab.

given the selling venue, i wouldn't be surprised

Yeah,

The mind boggles. Well, if the label is worth that much to the buyer, who am I to question it? To each his own.

(shrug)

In any event, the #8 was the first Justice League comic I ever read and here I am, still a fan of the JLA and the other Julius Schwartz titles to this very day.

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat