• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,037 posts in this topic

I get a kick out of the mop-haired kid Joe Kubert drew on the cover, but I place no stock in the Golden Age Superman appearance.

Here's a scan of my copy:

08-06-201375548PM_zps2ce17c70.jpg

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

in this week's packages were two JLA's:

JLA010_zps336e3da3.jpg

JLA074_zpsf9cca78e.jpg

Only 4 to go! (Okay, 6 if you count B&B 28 and 30)

That 10 is a classic!

Yeah, I think I've bid on 4 or 5 different ones before finally winning this one. Got to the point I thought I already had one, I'd been watching so many of them.

Which JLA do you think is the most undervalued right now?

I don't really keep up on such stuff, but right now I think #5 and #6 are OVER-valued.

You wouldn't happen to have a low-midgrade 5 or 6 you could sell me, would you?

Edited by ttfitz

I don't really keep up on such stuff, but right now I think #5 and #6 are OVER-valued.

Hey! Those are the two early ones I don't have in my collection either!

:o

Edited by Hepcat

Originally Posted By: AlexanderM

I have under copies of both, but unfortunately they are are a 9.4 and 9.0 respectively, so I don't think I can help you, but a quick ebay search shows some in the condition you are looking for.

Here is my JLA collection. I already had Brave and the Bold 28 for about 15 years, but I went on a spending frenzy last year. I pikced up BB 29, 30, JLA 1 and a couple of the keys. Then I focused on each issue where a new member joined

578595_10152429963530133_643665595_n.jpg

10153278_10153934379745133_1593413721_n.jpg

1294555_10153225467555133_874155251_o.jpg

Here is my JLA collection. I already had Brave and the Bold 28 for about 15 years, but I went on a spending frenzy last year. I pikced up BB 29, 30, JLA 1 and a couple of the keys. Then I focused on each issue where a new member joined

578595_10152429963530133_643665595_n.jpg

10153278_10153934379745133_1593413721_n.jpg

1294555_10153225467555133_874155251_o.jpg

Welcome. That's a nice lot of comics. #75 is one of my favs.

I have long felt #75 has been overlooked and should be worth more.

I think the only reason it hasn't broken out is because it's hard to untangle Black Canary's continuity. It was retroactively made the first appearance of the Earth-1 / Silver Age Black Canary, but not for like 15 years.

But for all intents and purposes it really is the first appearance of the modern Black Canary. Even without the retcon, this issue she a) leaves Earth-2 and comes to Earth-1, b) joins the Justice League, c) develops her Canary Cry superpower and d) begins her romance with Green Arrow (though it's only really hinted at here - but this is clearly intended to be the start of their romance, and this issue is also the second appearance of the new GA after the redesign in B&B #85).

This Black Canary is essentially a whole new character, even if that fact wasn't officially recognized until 15 years later; O'Neil doesn't write her anything like the GA version of Black Canary. And it's really the key, must have book for Green Arrow / Black Canary fans, because it all starts here. Everything fans associate with the character with the exception of her fishnets debuted in this issue.

And besides all that it has an awesome black cover that is a major pain in the to find in grade - featuring an iconic shot of those fishnets! According to the census, there is one lone copy in 9.6, with another 6 copies at 9.4.

Love this issue. :cloud9:

Edited by Crimebuster

#75 does deserve a ton of respect. Though I will say it was more difficult to find compared to the other 'new member joins' issues, so maybe collectors are taking notice.

You're right, it's getting harder and harder to find. What grade is yours?