• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Board... Anything anyone likes so far?
2 2

298 posts in this topic

And this thread by Bronze Bruce was actually supposed to be a positive one. :preach:

I remember some boardies said they were leaving and not coming back in 2007 because of the change.

I absolutely hate this new color scheme but as I get used to the functionality it gets better. And I don't like change at all.

I like it.
There's a bit more to learn, because it's a more robust interface.
I suspect once Arch starts installing some of the plugins, it will look and feel more comfortable. It will never be a mirror of the old board, though - what would be the point?

I'm enjoying learning the new features and accustoming myself to the new dashboard.
It's fun.

...and I'm in my sixties. 
'Course I spent more than 25 years as an highly proficient end user on various PCB Design CAD programs through multiple platforms - CAD software that makes this stuff look like kindergarten.  :blush:

original.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben
syntax & smilie

Please, just give me some more visual separation between the different parts of a post.  Quotes should not run into new text, different posts seen more separation, buttons need to be more distinct etc. Without these things the forum just seems harder to read.  This is not a sky is falling thing, because I like many of the new features.

I like it too. The quote is much better, notifications popping up is groovy, and posting pictures is light years better.

The white spaces on the sides are rough though. I agree with that.

@Architecht'

Thanks for the button that lets you turn  signatures on! It looks a little less stark now. I like the color.

I agree with the grey and white, it's hard on the eyes. If the fonts were a little darker, or auto bold, it might help.

6 hours ago, kav said:

6 hours ago, Architecht said:

:shy:

just as long as those responsible are being sacked etc

:banana: and I hope they have bags of nickels in those sacks!

I like a lot of the new features, but I don't like the look of the new fourms.  I think it's the lack of division between posts, etc.  It's very hard for me to make out where things start and stop.  I suppose I'll get used to it, but dang, I want something on the screen to break everything up so it doesn't look like one giant flow of information.

On 2/9/2017 at 4:44 PM, Architecht said:

Just for your reading amusement... and mine...

This was the last time we made a big change to the boards... you know, those ones that everyone loved and thinks these new boards are much worse... except back then we hated the 2007 upgrade too.

I know! It doesn't mean your complaints aren't valid! They're valid.

We have work to do and things to tweak. Still, it's fun perspective... right? ...?

:bump:

:whatthe:

:ohnoez:

:foryou: :foryou: :foryou:

Hey, I wasn't trying to be amusing. lol:baiting:

I was being positive/constructive. :kidaround:

btw... I like that I can re-size the graemlins! :golfclap:

On 2017-02-09 at 4:13 PM, Unca Ben said:

I like it.
There's a bit more to learn, because it's a more robust interface.
I suspect once Arch starts installing some of the plugins, it will look and feel more comfortable. It will never be a mirror of the old board, though - what would be the point?

Well, apparently making it at least look more like a mirror of the old board would cut down on the whining from the technologically inept.

I like a lot of the new features from what I've explored so far and the little tweaks that have been made have already improved the boards since the launch.