• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

Saw this on the bay. Not my book but my favorite Wonder Woman cover. This is the nicest copy I have seen for sale in 3 years! Someone should pick it up....

This book is my grail and I'm soo happy to have the highest graded which is a 6.0 :o You just never see this book. Thought I let my fellow WW fans know about it.

0547_3.JPG

WOW $225 was the end price! Tough book.

Saw this on the bay. Not my book but my favorite Wonder Woman cover. This is the nicest copy I have seen for sale in 3 years! Someone should pick it up....

This book is my grail and I'm soo happy to have the highest graded which is a 6.0 :o You just never see this book. Thought I let my fellow WW fans know about it.

0547_3.JPG

WOW $225 was the end price! Tough book.

yep...I had my snipe set at 225.59...someone else had their snipe set at 225.99

so, I lost by .40...what is the probability that 2 snipes would be set that close ;)

It is a great cover, but I do agree it looked a little tan and crinkled.

Better luck, and perhaps a better copy, next time.

I actually already have 2 lower grade copies...one from skypinkblu with a little glitter addition :)

and one that is just slightly worse than this one, so, this would have actually been an upgrade.. lol

I actually already have 2 lower grade copies...one from skypinkblu with a little glitter addition :)

and one that is just slightly worse than this one, so, this would have actually been an upgrade.. lol

Now, Rick, I hope you realize I do not put glitter on EVERYONE's comics, you REALLY have to be special...;) :acclaim:

Now, Rick, I hope you realize I do not put glitter on EVERYONE's comics, you REALLY have to be special...;) :acclaim:

:cloud9:

So did Santa bring any new WW's, All Star's or Sensation's this year?

none for me....with WW now complete, and Sensations tough as nails to complete (all known inventory by me, I have scanned), so might be slow going for a little while

gator

Hi everyone,

I have a question that I'm sure someone here can answer. I just received a Wonder Woman #5 that appears complete but the page count is off. There are 16 pages to the left of the staple, but only 12 to the right. Looking at it really closely, I can see four places where there is a page trimmed close to the spine, as if something was cut out. The stories all appear to be complete, so my question is: was the book printed this way to save paper during the war or is it really missing four pages?

If anyone has a raw copy and would not mind taking a look, I would really appreciate it. The pages in question are:

1.) The end of the third WW story "Mars Invades The Moon". There appears to be

a page missing between WW page 14 and Susan B Anthony page 1.

2.) Between the two text story pages of "Uncle Bud Saves the Day."

3.) 4th WW story "The Return of Dr. Psycho" between pages 4 and 5.

4.) 4th WW story between pages 10 and 11.

I don't want to call the seller on it until I can get some kind of confirmation.

Thanks in advance. Feel free to PM me on this.

Hi everyone,

I have a question that I'm sure someone here can answer. I just received a Wonder Woman #5 that appears complete but the page count is off. There are 16 pages to the left of the staple, but only 12 to the right. Looking at it really closely, I can see four places where there is a page trimmed close to the spine, as if something was cut out. The stories all appear to be complete, so my question is: was the book printed this way to save paper during the war or is it really missing four pages?

If anyone has a raw copy and would not mind taking a look, I would really appreciate it. The pages in question are:

I don't want to call the seller on it until I can get some kind of confirmation.

I'll check my copy after I finish on Ebay...but that's how several of the issues were made, it's really strange, they added a fold on the left side of the staple and cut out a page on the right, you will see that it looks like a page was sliced out on some. 28 pages is probably right, but I can do page counts on each story, I know mine are complete.

DC did that again in 1952 on a few books :screwy:

Hi everyone,

I'll check my copy after I finish on Ebay...but that's how several of the issues were made, it's really strange, they added a fold on the left side of the staple and cut out a page on the right, you will see that it looks like a page was sliced out on some. 28 pages is probably right, but I can do page counts on each story, I know mine are complete.

Thank you! I've seen this kind of thing before on some other GA books and it drives me nuts! I just want to be sure.

Hi everyone,

Thank you! I've seen this kind of thing before on some other GA books and it drives me nuts! I just want to be sure.

Yes, drives me nuts too, because the friend who taught me the most about old books is a math professor and the FIRST thing he taught me to do, is to count the pages...;) I'll check anyway, but if that is what you are seeing, it's probably the reason...why they repeated it, in 1952, is beyond me..;)

Sharon

The Sensation Comics run from 80-106 in mid to high grade has been my collecting focus the last few years. Since I haven't found anything to buy in the last 6 months I thought it be time to do a cool group shot of my progress. I tell you what, these issues have are challenge to find in grade and its been fun collecting them.

I'm hoping the 83 gets a 6.0 and the 102 gets a 4.5. The 105 is a sweet 7.0 bright white pager but suffers from overhang.I also collect earlier issues but they have to be affordable.

BTW, that is no stain on the carpet by the 105.

DSC01787.jpg

Working on a run of 50-115 in higher grades. Lifetime project.

DSC01791.jpg

a bunch of nice high grades in the heritage auction...

I am thinking of reliquishing some of mine (I have some nices ones in the 50-80 range)