• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

Nice haul Ronaldo.

I'm waiting for a few WW's to come back from (Matt Nelson and) CGC.

Time permitting (over the holidays) I'll post em.

:news: check out the new avatar!

Happy Holidays to all!

Bob-a-loo

Glad you got them:) :applause:

and great WW's Ronaldo :acclaim:

as you know, I used your picture...the box is here, I am a getting to opening it asap!

I thought it looked familiar, I was trying to figure out what FOOL, didn't put them in numerical order...;) ? :angel:

I am so jealous... they all look swa-eat!

BTW, I noticed the value of CGC WW's 6.0 (F) and above on comicspriceguide.com have jumped fairly significantly. I'm not as connected to the investment scene as some of you may be, so I don't know if this trend is apparent in other price guides.

Maybe WW is finally getting some recognition as being undervalued.

I am so jealous... they all look swa-eat!

BTW, I noticed the value of CGC WW's 6.0 (F) and above on comicspriceguide.com have jumped fairly significantly. I'm not as connected to the investment scene as some of you may be, so I don't know if this trend is apparent in other price guides.

Maybe WW is finally getting some recognition as being undervalued.

WW and Sensations are tremendously undervalued, but I wouldn't put an ounce of faith in cpg.com, and even to some extent, overstreet.... I mean, where are they getting sales data from to support the jump?....there are so few 6.0 and above issues, and I haven't see very many at all change hands in any venue (ebay, clink, heritage, etc etc)....so are they just "making" these price jumps up?

but,as more and more collectors realize WW and Sens, and as demand increases (supply is certainly not going to increase), then yes, price jumps are to be expected....but, I can tell you right now, that if a cgc or raw 6.0 WW #6 came to market, it would be worth way more than $1000 (double overstreet and 40% more than cpg)....and, why is a cgc comic "worth" more than a raw?...that is the craziest thing I have seen...a 6.0 is a 6.0, as long as it is really a 6.0!

rick

Interesting. It does seem to play out as you say. The only the high grade WW's I ever won were when I ignored what the guide said and bid the max I was willing to pay and keep my fingers crossed. Did this with the #6 I bid $900 on thinking I was overbidding. Unfortunately I lost that one.

And what you say about the difference in pricing between CGC and raw, I interpreted this as being related to the risk of buying a book with an over-stated grade vs the security (real or imagined) of buying a certified book. Although it doesn't seem logical when you think about it, that a price guide should build in a price differential on this basis. The onus is on the buyer to look at what you’re buying and live (or die) by it. Sometimes you miss a defect and that effects the grade negatively. I learned this with the #3 I bought as a F/VF that got a 4.0 from CGC. But with "real" prices being whatever someone is willing to pay, maybe I really didn't pay too much for it

Interesting. It does seem to play out as you say. The only the high grade WW's I ever won were when I ignored what the guide said and bid the max I was willing to pay and keep my fingers crossed. Did this with the #6 I bid $900 on thinking I was overbidding. Unfortunately I lost that one.

And what you say about the difference in pricing between CGC and raw, I interpreted this as being related to the risk of buying a book with an over-stated grade vs the security (real or imagined) of buying a certified book. Although it doesn't seem logical when you think about it, that a price guide should build in a price differential on this basis. The onus is on the buyer to look at what you’re buying and live (or die) by it. Sometimes you miss a defect and that effects the grade negatively. I learned this with the #3 I bought as a F/VF that got a 4.0 from CGC. But with "real" prices being whatever someone is willing to pay, maybe I really didn't pay too much for it

very true...

that is what I meant...as long as a 6.0 is really a 6.0 (cgc'd or not), why would there be a price difference...overstreet does not, but the online cpg does...they must be "assuming" that folks are overgrading raw?...just always seemed a little rediculous to me...and, as mentioned, I have yet to really see any prices (on stuff I collect) that were at all accurate on cpg.com...seems like a waste of some great effort (and they do seem to put a lot of effor into it)

and I missed the cgc auction some time ago too, on the #6...I won the 7-10, but bidding closed on me (even though ebay said I had 3 hours) before I could have bid (and I had $1500 as my max)

just my 2cents

rick

Weird - the EXACT same thing happened to me with the time-differential. I tried to sign back on to up my bid (although you would have beat me with $1500) and the bidding was closed even though it said I had 3 hours just before I tried. I thought it was just me. I wrote them and got some explanation that the time was approximate and that it went faster than they expected and the lot came up for auction sooner Is the #6 much scarcer (and valuable) than 7-10?

Weird - the EXACT same thing happened to me with the time-differential. I tried to sign back on to up my bid (although you would have beat me with $1500) and the bidding was closed even though it said I had 3 hours just before I tried. I thought it was just me. I wrote them and got some explanation that the time was approximate and that it went faster than they expected and the lot came up for auction sooner Is the #6 much scarcer (and valuable) than 7-10?

actually, all WW from 2-10 are very scarce, especially in nice shape...but, the #6 seems to be in more Demand, due to the Cheetah cover...however, I paid well overguide for the 7-10 too...so, price wise, about the same multiple, but technically not "scarcer" in terms of # of copies that exist, just "scarcer:" in terms that folks sell them less?

rick