• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual ComicCon IV Chit Chat

506 posts in this topic

Instead of doing ebaying I might just start saving my good books that I;m unloading for the online convention.

Maybe we could do a preshow info sheet of booths highlights 2 weeks before the show. Might give people the incentive to save up more for the show.

hahaha... I am working on the art of understatement... :insane:

Thanks again, Shiverbones, for donating that great art piece for the VCC Charity Auction! :applause:

I think the whole hours thing is peculiar. Why not just let people sell as they list them? Set up the thread on Friday or Saturday, and as people claim their spot and start listing let them start selling. I would have bought stuff, and probably would have bought other things too since I'm already paying for shipping. As it is all sorts of people sent emails at 6 pm Saturday and got nothing for it. Why not have buzz and excitement the whole weekend with people checking often to see what's come out. I realize you have to draw the line somewhere, but I think it would be best to have it when the seller is ready, not at some arbitrary time.

The whole concept is a COMIC-CON, NOT just another "for sale" thread. We have enought of those already.

The closing times create a sense of urgency -- definitely an advantage for the seller, but more of a live experience for everyone.

Just ask the people (or person, if I don't hear from #2) I bought from this time about the last-minute offer effect.

Jack

sweeping the Virtual Con floor and checking for dropped change