• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual ComicCon IV Chit Chat

506 posts in this topic

I spent $10 Shipped....all readers with color loss from water damage...I'm sure they will be brutal...but hey....here's the ebay viewpoint....and I'm actually looking forward to the brutality...maybe I'll bind them with other semi key coverless books and have a great read.

House of Secrets 36 (Poor, water damage) NM VALUE $140

House of Secrets 37 (Poor, water damage) NM VALUE $140

Mystery in Space 78 (Poor, water damage) NM VALUE $200

Showcase 40 (4th Metal Men) (Poor, water damage) NM VALUE $435

Strange Adventures 117 (Poor, water damage) NM VALUE $950 (Origin and 1st Appearance Atomic Knights) :o:headbang:

TOTAL NM VALUE $1865 Your Price....$10 shipped.

:foryou:

scanz?

I spent $10 Shipped....all readers with color loss from water damage...I'm sure they will be brutal...but hey....here's the ebay viewpoint....and I'm actually looking forward to the brutality...maybe I'll bind them with other semi key coverless books and have a great read.

Strange Adventures 117 (Poor, water damage) NM VALUE $950 (Origin and 1st Appearance Atomic Knights) :o:headbang:

scanz?

I bet the light from the scanning bed would disintegrate them entirely. :tonofbricks:

C

I was happy with the results. It's alot of work to get set up, but made some nice sales. I will fill the holes from the stuff I sold and be back to do this again in October. I may have a surprise for Greggy in that one. :devil:

scanz?

I bet the light from the scanning bed would disintegrate them entirely. :tonofbricks:

C

lol I'm sure it will, but these have got to be scanned and shared when I receive them. I'll call them part of the dregs collection.

I'm actually looking forward to reading them. Hope I don't catch anything.

I'm going to start now for the October VCC so I might actually have a decent booth by that time.

lol Yeah, me too. I tried to get stuff together last minute and my results reflect that.

I think the whole hours thing is peculiar. Why not just let people sell as they list them? Set up the thread on Friday or Saturday, and as people claim their spot and start listing let them start selling. I would have bought stuff, and probably would have bought other things too since I'm already paying for shipping. As it is all sorts of people sent emails at 6 pm Saturday and got nothing for it. Why not have buzz and excitement the whole weekend with people checking often to see what's come out. I realize you have to draw the line somewhere, but I think it would be best to have it when the seller is ready, not at some arbitrary time.

The whole concept is a COMIC-CON, NOT just another "for sale" thread. We have enought of those already.

Even though I've had some good sales in the two VCC's I've sold in, I do much better as a seller just starting my own thread. The "hours" thing in the VCC is just strange to me.

I think the whole hours thing is peculiar. Why not just let people sell as they list them? Set up the thread on Friday or Saturday, and as people claim their spot and start listing let them start selling. I would have bought stuff, and probably would have bought other things too since I'm already paying for shipping. As it is all sorts of people sent emails at 6 pm Saturday and got nothing for it. Why not have buzz and excitement the whole weekend with people checking often to see what's come out. I realize you have to draw the line somewhere, but I think it would be best to have it when the seller is ready, not at some arbitrary time.

The whole concept is a COMIC-CON, NOT just another "for sale" thread. We have enought of those already.

Even though I've had some good sales in the two VCC's I've sold in, I do much better as a seller just starting my own thread. The "hours" thing in the VCC is just strange to me.

Someone beat me to the CGC X-men 138 :pullhair:

Same experience and sentiments here...the beauty of the internet (and these message boards) is that people from all over the world can access it 24-7, yet our "Virtual" Convention is only 4 hours each day (much shorter than any real con), and those hours fall in the middle of the night when many of our EU and Asian members can't even participate (not to mention anyone that wants to go out Saturday night)? I love the concept, but you can count me as one who finds the limitation on show hours bizarre, and quite effective in limiting the scope and magnitude of the whole thing. :screwy:

Making it a 48-hour, continuous event would be much better, and there really is no drawback. (shrug)

Same experience and sentiments here...the beauty of the internet (and these message boards) is that people from all over the world can access it 24-7, yet our "Virtual" Convention is only 4 hours each day (much shorter than any real con), and those hours fall in the middle of the night when many of our EU and Asian members can't even participate (not to mention anyone that wants to go out Saturday night)? I love the concept, but you can count me as one who finds the limitation on show hours bizarre, and quite effective in limiting the scope and magnitude of the whole thing. :screwy:

Making it a 48-hour, continuous event would be much better, and there really is no drawback. (shrug)

Good points although the con was open for 6 hours each day I think.

To differentiate from just starting your own thread, we're going to make sure that outside people know to look at the boards for the next VCC. This boost in the number of eyeballs should be reflected in possibly higher sales and make it more of an "event".

The starting point gives people an even playing field to try for books they see during the preview. I agree the 48 hour continuous time frame after that would make more sense.

I realize there's a selling aspect to this event... but I hope there's also a "fun" aspect of it as well.

If you're going to be selling HG books for great prices, then yes, you'll likely do well with your own selling thread at any time. (thumbs u

Good points although the con was open for 6 hours each day I think.

To differentiate from just starting your own thread, we're going to make sure that outside people know to look at the boards for the next VCC. This boost in the number of eyeballs should be reflected in possibly higher sales and make it more of an "event".

The starting point gives people an even playing field to try for books they see during the preview. I agree the 48 hour continuous time frame after that would make more sense.

I realize there's a selling aspect to this event... but I hope there's also a "fun" aspect of it as well.

If you're going to be selling HG books for great prices, then yes, you'll likely do well with your own selling thread at any time. (thumbs u

I understand the reason for the "starting time" and don't have a problem with that. Make it a 48 hour event and I'll be much more motivated to scan and post books, but I have a hard time getting to motivated for 12 hours worth of selling over two days.

Don't get me wrong, I think the VCC is a good thing and I'm happy to be a part of it. I also appreciate the work that goes into setting one up and I think you guys have done a great job with them so far. Just tossing (hehehe, I said "tossing") my 2c in with what I think could make it even better.

Whew, I'm glad some other people echoed my comments. I was a little worried that I was being perceived as ungrateful, especially with 40sJohn commenting about it all too.

(thumbs u

Bottom line is that I'll participate either way, but I'll be motivated to participate more vigorously if it's a 48 hour event.

I gotta say I agree with Brian,

Make it a weekend long event with a starting time fair to both west coasters and even overseas buyers/sellers... People will then be able to shop when they are able, and place an :takeit: on the spot as opposed to waiting till the next days doors open. Dealers might even be motivated to keep people looking at their booth over the entire weekend for possible incentives, and or special offers or even new material.

This all makes it much more of a buzz worthy event to walk around the Hall 24/7, see what has sold, whats new,and what prices might have been lowered as the con winds down.

I can appreciate the dynamic about dealers not being able to answer PM's for 48 hours straight, but I think it's a fair trade off for buyers to realize their :takeit: PM's might not be answered right away and to bid accordingly. Maybe each dealer can post and " I am not in" post to alert buyers their PM's will not be answered right away.

I think it would benefit everyone involved if their time spent setting up a VCC booth was rewarded not only with a bigger audience, but also a longer selling period.

Lastly I dont think sellers should post their items until the doors open. Being able to preview items is nice but it kind of takes the thrill out of the doors opening if I know exactly where I want to run and place a PM from a list I made of what was listed and hope I am first. I say open the doors and let everyone duke it out at each booth for what we want sight unseen, THAT would make it more fun.. chaotic yes.. but exciting. The same stuff would still sell as it would if there was a preview night, but it might allow those who dont have 24/7 to scour the booths beforehand and have 10 PM's at the ready when the Con's doors open a chance at landing something they otherwise might not land.

Overall I love it as it is but like all new ventures, they need tweaking along the way.

Just my on the outside looking in 2c

Ze-