• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual ComicCon IV Chit Chat

506 posts in this topic

There were a couple of books that I wanted to buy, but with the show being so colse to Chicago and then Baltimore in 3 weeks, I am trying to be really selective on what I buy.

I did buy a sweet GL 81 9.4 before the show and am working on a cash/trade for another book.

Baltimore is slowing me up too. There is a nice lot of epics I would like to get but i'm not breaking my VCC rule of only buy what I have sold type thing and right now i'm -$80. Not tapping anymore of my con money.

I wish someone would buy my 2 Irom Man CGC 9.8's :blush: I have that really nice set of marvels 0-4 CGC 9.8's but, I'm holding off selling them until I find out a little more info on them. Their covers are awsome!

So who's trying to view the VCC on a dial-up line?

I'm assuming most of us have DSL or Cable Modem access to the Internet.

<---------- :hi:

You have any tips for the other speed-challenged folks? Or is it pretty much impossible to navigate/browse?

My tip would be for the sellers, and not the speed-challenged buyers. It isn't necessary to post a thumbnail of every single book being offered for sale. It makes for a much tidier booth and much smaller bandwith demand to list book titles, grades, and prices as links to the scans themselves.

Perhaps a rule that limits sellers to a dozen thumbnails per booth would do the trick? (shrug)

too many books I want to buy... too many books I am watching on ebay....must make decisions... :frustrated:

Do a comission for me.

Prepay him

I think the whole hours thing is peculiar. Why not just let people sell as they list them? Set up the thread on Friday or Saturday, and as people claim their spot and start listing let them start selling. I would have bought stuff, and probably would have bought other things too since I'm already paying for shipping. As it is all sorts of people sent emails at 6 pm Saturday and got nothing for it. Why not have buzz and excitement the whole weekend with people checking often to see what's come out. I realize you have to draw the line somewhere, but I think it would be best to have it when the seller is ready, not at some arbitrary time.

I think the whole hours thing is peculiar. Why not just let people sell as they list them? Set up the thread on Friday or Saturday, and as people claim their spot and start listing let them start selling. I would have bought stuff, and probably would have bought other things too since I'm already paying for shipping. As it is all sorts of people sent emails at 6 pm Saturday and got nothing for it. Why not have buzz and excitement the whole weekend with people checking often to see what's come out. I realize you have to draw the line somewhere, but I think it would be best to have it when the seller is ready, not at some arbitrary time.

Should be plenty left to buy J, only 14 things sold this weekend (kidding kidding)

Hey....looking at the VCC booths has anyone seen an FF #7 or #20 in presentable but not necc. high grade shape?

Chris

The whole concept is a COMIC-CON, NOT just another "for sale" thread. We have enought of those already.

The whole concept is a COMIC-CON, NOT just another "for sale" thread. We have enought of those already.

Amen brother!

35 minutes left to get some more sales in....help me brothers (worship) , I'm at the table as soon as you walk through the door. (thumbs u

Although my sales haven't been great, the VCC is a lot of fun. :headbang: A lot of work, yes, but also I really enjoy these conventions. :acclaim:

Thanks to Flying Donut and Sckao once again!!!! :applause: You guys are awesome! :applause:

Andy