• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My White Mountain Quest

570 posts in this topic

Bill: If my count is correct, there should be 666 12 cent WM's and I have about 10% of the run done...only 90% more to go :)

Jim

So how many more CC, and Clink auctions is that, and hours scouring the bay for you... the treasure hunt continues :cloud9:

Jim,

Did you see those WM's on Heritage last night. A mix of Dc's, and Marvels, all newly slabbed. And all went for good money.

The one that really blew out GPA ...and a little bit surprisingly, was the Nick Fury #1 9.4, at $500+ which equates to a good 9.6 price. But with 114 9.4's on the census (boy there must of been 3 whole box's of these in that warehouse find doh! ) the WM copy definitely distinguishes itself.

Any new pickup's??

Brass (thumbs u

Jim,

Did you see those WM's on Heritage last night. A mix of Dc's, and Marvels, all newly slabbed. And all went for good money.

The one that really blew out GPA ...and a little bit surprisingly, was the Nick Fury #1 9.4, at $500+ which equates to a good 9.6 price. But with 114 9.4's on the census (boy there must of been 3 whole box's of these in that warehouse find doh! ) the WM copy definitely distinguishes itself.

Any new pickup's??

Brass (thumbs u

Mmmmmm.. White Pages.

Pity about the slight miswrap but this book will be sure to do well $$$ wise in a few years time.

nickfuryagentofshield19zq9.jpg

Russ, you picked it up??

Your most likely right, unless they completely botch the movie, the book will break the bank to get hold of.

I'm already deep in this book with 9.6's, as with FF#48, this book is consistantly tightly graded by CGC. Even with 230 copies in 9.4 and above!

Brass: Honestly, I passed on them all and didn't even bid. Here I was sitting in my hotel after spending the entire weekend at the Motor City show and not spending a single dollar on a comic book you'd have thought I'd be primed for these. Anyways I put in all my max bids and before I could press submit, I added them up. If I won them all it added up to between $6,000 and $7,000. I don't even like either Dr. Strange and/or Nick Fury. In my little WM book I carry, I stop my Strange Tales date at issue #134. In my lifetime I've never had an inkling to even want to own one of these issue, so I passed. So why buy something just because it has a 68 written on the cover in pen. I hope the person who really enjoys these types of books loves them.

Jim

Jim, total respect there, you stuck to your guns. There's certainly no point spending that kind of money for books your not overly going to appreciate. Simple as that. I know one ST's collector who probabaly owe's you a bank-handed thanks ;)

The White Mountain TTA #27 hasn't been graded yet, sitting somewhere raw and I'd love to know the grade and where myself :)

Jim

On the weekend I saw a Northland ST's #110 with a 1/2 inch colour breaking crease on the LRF corner. The seller was only asking for £2,000 doh!

I hope when the WM TTA#27 comes up it's priced properly (thumbs u

Jim, you'll get a kick out of this, Heritage have some WM's left over from the last auction...Strange Tales, latter issues, all about 7.0 and $120 doh!

Sounds like a cheap way to get into some pedigreed books.

Very high prices for the grade but still a good way to own a piece of history.

Just don't try to get your money back on them any time soon.

Russ...

Brass: Honestly, I passed on them all and didn't even bid. Here I was sitting in my hotel after spending the entire weekend at the Motor City show and not spending a single dollar on a comic book you'd have thought I'd be primed for these. Anyways I put in all my max bids and before I could press submit, I added them up. If I won them all it added up to between $6,000 and $7,000. I don't even like either Dr. Strange and/or Nick Fury. In my little WM book I carry, I stop my Strange Tales date at issue #134. In my lifetime I've never had an inkling to even want to own one of these issue, so I passed. So why buy something just because it has a 68 written on the cover in pen. I hope the person who really enjoys these types of books loves them.

Jim

I had a feeling that you weren't interested in these books based on an earlier conversation we had. I hadn't even known about these books until an hour before the auction was up. I thought a little about that ST #166 that Rosland is looking for, but couldn't see plunking down $800+ for it. Suprised that you didn't try to nab that ST #113 WM. Sure it was only a 6.5, but was within the #101-134 range. (shrug)

$30 to ship?!?! Those thieves!!

(tsk) it all add's up ;)

So Korvac, I'm surprised you weren't in on the WM action there at Heritage. The ST's #157 another hard to find ST's next to the #166 went for bigger money. But arguably everyone's blood was running high, and their good sense running low by the end of the clink auction.

(thumbs u