• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,532 posts in this topic

If by grading you mean getting it slabbed, no. There's no point since it's not for sale. In fact I've broken the few slabbed books I've been compelled to buy out of their imprisonment.

I store my collection in Mylites/Arklites with Half-Backs/Thin-X-Tenders backing boards in two massive lateral filing cabinets. I've fallen behind in my filing though because I've run out of the Thin-X-Tenders. I thought I had two packs left from my last order eight or so years ago but they're nowhere to be found so I'm going to have to order some more.

:blahblah:

Edited by Hepcat

Being a lifetime Marvel zombie, my GL collection is VERY limited.

I have a decent mid grade GA GL #12(unrestored I hope!)

Two 9.0 GL 40's. One a PLOD, one Universal.

A nice raw GL 61, a 6.5 showcase 22 and a 9.0 Showcase 55 and that's it unfortunately. At least the few I have are all fairly key issues. Unfortunately though, nomscans since the wifey failed me miserably getting me a legal size scanner for Christmas ! :mad:

A nice raw GL 61, a 6.5 showcase 22 and a 9.0 Showcase 55 and that's it unfortunately. At least the few I have are all fairly key issues. Unfortunately though, nomscans since the wifey failed me miserably getting me a legal size scanner for Christmas ! :mad:

No need to apologize. Few of us have everything. Prioritizing in this hobby is a sad reality. And any comic that you treasure is a "key" in my book!

(thumbs u

If by grading you mean getting it slabbed, no. There's no point since it's not for sale. In fact I've broken the few slabbed books I've been compelled to buy out of their imprisonment.

I store my collection in Mylites/Arklites with Half-Backs/Thin-X-Tenders backing boards in two massive lateral filing cabinets. I've fallen behind in my filing though because I've run out of the Thin-X-Tenders. I thought I had two packs left from my last order eight or so years ago but they're nowhere to be found so I'm going to have to order some more.

:blahblah:

That's a fun way to enjoy your books. (thumbs u

Some cool GL's for sure. (thumbs u

I'm glad my GL#1 under-copy found a good home along side those other SWEET books...(thumbs u

Wow...over copy 7.0+ (worship)

:devil:

Someday when i make it up to Gainsville,I will dig all of my good stuff out of the A/C storage and give them a proper home again...there's just no room in this little beach cottage for anything more than a small revolving collection to survive a 9yr old,puppy,girlfriend,ect,ect....i'm lucky I have a corner display cabinet with a dozen books on it. lol

I'm glad my GL#1 under-copy found a good home along side those other SWEET books...(thumbs u

Wow...over copy 7.0+ (worship)

:devil:

Someday when i make it up to Gainsville,I will dig all of my good stuff out of the A/C storage and give them a proper home again...there's just no room in this little beach cottage for anything more than a small revolving collection to survive a 9yr old,puppy,girlfriend,ect,ect....i'm lucky I have a corner display cabinet with a dozen books on it. lol

and their well preserved and not in the attic. I'm thinking about upgrading my GL1, but not sure yet or maybe add a second copy.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Yes. I'll be posting the 1 and the 7 in the next few days.

:)

The ones I lack are 4, 6 and 15 - plus I'd also like to upgrade my 13, 24 and 25 for extremely picky reasons. This upgrading thing is a horrible compulsion.

:pullhair: