• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,511 posts in this topic

Well I got my SC22 in today that I posted about over in the SC22 Club thread, and I thought I'd post a shot of it with my GL1.

5688785558_bebb659be8_z.jpg

Hey! You can flip it now under the premise that it's the "worst known copy"! You'll get megabucks I'm sure.

(thumbs u

Well I got my SC22 in today that I posted about over in the SC22 Club thread, and I thought I'd post a shot of it with my GL1.

Hey! You can flip it now under the premise that it's the "worst known copy"! You'll get megabucks I'm sure.

(thumbs u

oh, I have seen TONS of worse looking copies...that is nice for a 1.0 (thumbs u

(thumbs u

oh, I have seen TONS of worse looking copies...that is nice for a 1.0 (thumbs u

It is the best 1.0 so far. It's my former copy. (thumbs u

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Why are you fellows trying to pull the rug out from under Illustrious? Here he went to all the trouble and expense of slabbing this book and now you're doing your best to sabotage any profit potential he might have by vigorously denying its uniqueness. Why are you doing this to a friendly fellow poster?

(tsk)

Haha, well right now 1.0 grails are about all I can manage, but I do think it's a very good looking 1.0, so it probably wouldn't fetch that "worse copy" premium. You never know with the craziness I see going on nowadays though. :screwy:

I doubt my 11 year old self back in 1990 buying the first issue of Green Lantern Vol. 3 at the local 7-11 would have ever imagined having a SC22 20 years later, even back then I was aware of how important a book it was.

Well you've still got one over on me. As an eleven year old buying my first issue of Green Lantern in the late summer of 1963, I wasn't even aware of the existence of Showcase 22 let alone its importance. Had I even had such an awareness, I would have just pined for what to all intents and purposes was an impossibility. There were no comic shops at the time, no conventions, no mail-order dealers, no industry publications. There was nothing at all but trading with the odd other comic fan one might encounter. There was nothing "good" about those old days, other than the prices and the priceless (by present day standards) brand new comics that miraculously appeared on store racks each week!

;)

It's better than my 0.0 copy. :golfclap:

Here's a brand new upgade:

5684970151_081574a1f0_b.jpg

Nice copy!

You are putting a great run together. (thumbs u (worship)

Beautiful copy! Gil Kane is one of my favortie artists. I met him at Comic-Con in the 1980s. He was very unassuming; we spoke for about a half hour before a panel.

His art on Green Lantern and the Atom was very professional.

SLR

I thought I had posted this here, but I guess not. A recent addition to the Shuley Family courtesy of October....Currently the only GL book in my collection, but not the last....

gl40.jpg

That's a beautiful white copy.

(thumbs u

I thought I had posted this here, but I guess not. A recent addition to the Shuley Family courtesy of October....Currently the only GL book in my collection, but not the last....

gl40.jpg

Nice Copy! (worship) (worship)