• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,513 posts in this topic

Omnibus? What's the point? Do the reprints in Omnibus include all the shorts, ads and letter pages or just the stories as in the Archives? Is the paper every bit as right as is that of the Archives?

???

Kinda hard to read my books thru the CGC holder, so the Omnibus will have to do

If I started in 1979 and had the disposable income throughout, I'd be finished on a lot of titles. I was just going through my raw books today trying to decide on a couple or so to get slabbed. I realized that there are many books that I really want to upgrade. It seems I am more critical about the condition of books I once thought were "good enough" to be in my collection. These message boards have turned me into somewhat of a condition snob.

If I started in 1979 and had the disposable income throughout, I'd be finished on a lot of titles. I was just going through my raw books today trying to decide on a couple or so to get slabbed. I realized that there are many books that I really want to upgrade. It seems I am more critical about the condition of books I once thought were "good enough" to be in my collection. These message boards have turned me into somewhat of a condition snob.

I hear that!

I hear that!

I recently went through this as well. I have submitted a few of my personal books to try and get an idea of how some items will grade and depending on how they do vs. how I thought they would do I might be putting a LOT of stuff up for sale.

If I started in 1979 and had the disposable income throughout, I'd be finished on a lot of titles.

Somehow I doubt it. Here's why:

I realized that there are many books that I really want to upgrade. It seems I am more critical about the condition of books I once thought were "good enough" to be in my collection.

;)

That's why my progress for the last twenty years has been three steps forward, two steps back.

Moreover, my collecting activities have kept octopussing.

These message boards have turned me into somewhat of a condition snob.

Don't blame the message boards. It happens to most collectors anyway so I doubt very much that you yourself are immune from the syndrome.

(tsk)

Edited by Hepcat

I'm not totally blaming these boards. I am responsible for my own behavior. However,if I hadn't found these boards, I would not have been near as educated on how to determine the condition of a comic. These boards have motivated me to build a better collection. I wouldn't say I'm an elitest because I don't demand every book be 9.8 with White pages. I do however want the best copy I can afford, which may only be a nice looking 5.0 or 6.0. I never spent more than $50 for a book before finding these boards, now I've spent around $2k on a few books and multiple three figure books.

Edited by john72tex

I never spent more than $50 for a book before finding these boards, now I've spent around $2k on a few books and multiple three figure books.

Bwa-ha-ha! CGC`s plans for world domination are working!

However,if I hadn't found these boards, I would not have been near as educated on how to determine the condition of a comic.

Actually I suspect you already knew how to determine the condition of a comic. What you may have learned is the criteria that CGC uses to award a numerical grade to comics.