• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
5 5

1,506 posts in this topic

I thought I had posted this here, but I guess not. A recent addition to the Shuley Family courtesy of October....Currently the only GL book in my collection, but not the last....

gl40.jpg

Nice Copy! (worship) (worship)

Stunning book! (worship)

I thought I had posted this here, but I guess not. A recent addition to the Shuley Family courtesy of October....Currently the only GL book in my collection, but not the last....

gl40.jpg

Nice Copy! (worship) (worship)

Stunning book! (worship)

Very, Very Cool! GL 40 is one of my favorites. A true SA classic!

Just 12 more days!

Late congrats on your Showcase 22 purchase...gorgeous book!!!

I remember, you uncorked your Amazing 15 but at $51K, you're

not going to.........

Thanks.

No uncorking on the 22 !

Just 12 more days!

not going to.........

Thanks.

No uncorking on the 22 !

:baiting::sumo:

hm

Just 12 more days!

not going to.........

Thanks.

No uncorking on the 22 !

:baiting::sumo:

hm

:ohm

:headbang::hi:

I haven't seen the Green Lantern movie yet, but my wife and I will be seeing it on Monday. However, I read Kenny Turan's review of the fillm in the morning paper and he mentioned that Hector Hammond appears as one of two villians in the picture. Do you think the value of Green Lantern #5, Hammond's first appearance will now go up in value? Will the book cause a buying frenzy by Silver Age collectors? Let us know.

Thanks,

SLR

I haven't seen the Green Lantern movie yet, but my wife and I will be seeing it on Monday. However, I read Kenny Turan's review of the fillm in the morning paper and he mentioned that Hector Hammond appears as one of two villians in the picture. Do you think the value of Green Lantern #5, Hammond's first appearance will now go up in value? Will the book cause a buying frenzy by Silver Age collectors? Let us know.

Thanks,

SLR

no

Thanks,

SLR

no

lol

Still pretty new to the board having been inspired by the recent movie to dig out my complete Silver Age Green Lantern collection that I amassed some 30 years ago when I was a young teenager (late 70s to early 80s). Posted my scan of my copy of Showcase #22 to the SC22 thread already, but here are some more scanned GL goodies to share/show off a bit :grin: .

Here is a scan of my Showcase #23, #24, and GL #1.

showcase23.jpg

Showcase24.jpg

GreenLantern1.jpg

SC23 is in very nice shape...probably a bit nicer than the scan reveals as the book has a very solid feel to it. SC24 is also pretty nice, but the bottom staple is detached unfortunately...I suppose a professional could fix that someday.

GL#1 is also in pretty decent shape.

I've been out of the collecting loop for a bit so I really don't know how grading works anymore, but here they are for others to possibly LMK when they think. I'm not looking to sell as it took me quite a bit of proverbial "sweat" as a young'un who had to earn all of the needed fundage to get these books back when I did so I'm still very much a proud owner (also have a complete set of Justice League SA books). Prices back then would be cheap today, but let me tell you it was no easy matter for me at the time to come up with the $30 that SC #24 cost me (that's the price still marked on the bag I keep it in), or the other similar amounts I had to scrape up for the other books. ;)

Someday, these will go to my son :) .

Great covers all!

Cheers,

Jon

Hi guys. Looking for some Green Lantern advice. There is a Green Lantern # 7 CGC 8.0 for sale on Ebay for $1,500 or best offer. Is this a good book to buy right now?

an 8.0 copy just sold in May for $1016, so at that price: No.

Hi guys. Looking for some Green Lantern advice. There is a Green Lantern # 7 CGC 8.0 for sale on Ebay for $1,500 or best offer. Is this a good book to buy right now?

Not for $1500. Twould be alright for half the price maybe.

(shrug)