• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
5 5

1,506 posts in this topic

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=18924

oy papi!! i guess i'll have to be content w/ my lowly 9.2 purchased at less than 1/10th the price.

Wow! That is a huge price, particularly considering the fugly miswrap on that copy.

Beautiful #12!! (worship)

I think this is a nicer copy. (shrug)

GL12a.jpg

too lazy to check the census- how rare is this book in 9.4? know it was in a DC 3 pak- an early one mind you but those books are typically easier to find in grade. well, maybe not so much- only two of them and nothing higher. i guess that quasi explains the price.

Yup, surprisingly scarce in NM. The only slabbed 9.4 copies so far are the one I just posted (no longer owned by me) and the miswrapped one that just sold on Pedigree.

spunkydo has to be happy w/ what he paid after this sale.

My ears must have been ringing since I somehow ended up browsing this thread yesterday. I figured I would share my two recently acquired books over the past few weeks.

I was extremely excited about Showcase #24 8.5 -- not on the level of the amazing books I acquired from tth2 (thanks, Tim) -- but a very important addition to my collection, nonetheless. And it has my favorite kind of cover -- a giant 50's style monster, like on the previously posted GL #34 and GL #8. (I'm considering starting a collection of those books in the 50's which always had those nuclear-era, giant monsters. Anyone have a suggestion on which series I might like the most?) The cover of Showcase #24 also reinforces Green Lantern's weakness with anything yellow. Sure, the Showcase issue breaks my "nothing below 9.0" rule, but the highest grade in the Census is a 9.0, so it still fits my "highest or second highest grade" rule. Ultimately, I hope to upgrade when another 9.0 is available. :grin:

Regarding the second book, Green Lantern #46 9.6, this is such a great Gil Kane cover, showing a couple of Guardians and many in the GL Corps (including Tomar-Re & Katma Tui) in a procession, carrying the body of Hal Jordan. The cover art actually refers to the end of the second story, where Dr. Polaris actually kills Green Lantern -- only to be resurrected in the 5700 A.D. storyline in Green Lantern #47 by people of the future who need his help. It's a dark cover, as well, which is always harder to find in high grade and this one happens to be alone at the top of the census. :cloud9:

Enjoy!!! Hey, Arex.

Showcase #24 8.5 (3rd Silver Age Green Lantern appearance)

Showcase2485COW.jpg

Green Lantern #46 9.6 ("Death" of Green Lantern. Dr. Polaris appearance.)

GreenLanternv24696OWW.jpg

Edited by spunkydo

John,

in all honesty, it depends.

How specific are you going to be? Are you going to look for books just for your GL run? Then if so, :eek: pickings might/probably will be slim.

However, if you go with a larger list of books you are looking for, and are comfortable accepting things like 9.2/4 books :baiting: then you should be able to find something to suite your fancy.

:hi:

Arex

I am going for two reasons. The main reason is to just see what a comic convention is like since it's just a few miles away from me. And the San Diego Comicon is in July and that's also in my backyard, so I plan to go this year -- finally.

The other reason is to look for books for my Silver Age Green Lantern collection. With two exceptions (#18 and #30), all of the books in my collection from GL #16 onwards are 9.6 or 9.8. Pre-#30 books in 9.2 and 9.4 would be great. Is there anything I can keep any eye out for you?

Regardless, though, I know I will have a good time since it will be a new experience for me.

I am going for two reasons. The main reason is to just see what a comic convention is like since it's just a few miles away from me. And the San Diego Comicon is in July and that's also in my backyard, so I plan to go this year -- finally.

The other reason is to look for books for my Silver Age Green Lantern collection. With two exceptions (#18 and #30), all of the books in my collection from GL #16 onwards are 9.6 or 9.8. Pre-#30 books in 9.2 and 9.4 would be great. Is there anything I can keep any eye out for you?

Regardless, though, I know I will have a good time since it will be a new experience for me.

Thanks for the offer John, but im tapped out at the moment and i cant commit to anything else until i see what happens with my GL's in the CLink focused auction. Conventions are great, especially if you meet up with and hang around with some of the boardies.

Here is hopnig that you find something you like :wishluck:

:hi:

GREEN LANTERN #20, CGC 9.0 VFNM

GREEN LANTERN #29, CGC 9.2 NM-

GREEN LANTERN #31, CGC 9.2 NM-

GREEN LANTERN #39, CGC 9.2 NM-

GREEN LANTERN #48, CGC 9.4 NM

GREEN LANTERN #49, CGC 8.5 VF+

GREEN LANTERN #51, CGC 9.2 NM-

GREEN LANTERN #55, CGC 9.4 NM

GREEN LANTERN #58, CGC 9.4 NM

GREEN LANTERN #59, CGC 9.4 NM