• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
5 5

1,506 posts in this topic

Another raw pickup. Posted in general but posting here as well for those that don't wander up there regularly.

Picked this up at one of my LCS over the weekend.

Hadn't really been planning on buying anything of note but saw it there, looking so alone.

So I figured what the heck.

gl20.jpg

:)

Wow!!! I'm just blown away looking at all the 9.2, 9.4, 9.6 early silver GL's. My favorite DC hero other than Supey. Course I love 'em all. arexcrooke's 9.4 GL59 rocks and then Big Daddy put his 9.4 up. Whoa!!

arexcroooke and , spunkydo way to go!!! I'm totally jealous of paperheart's 9.6 GL 40. Thought I had a decent CGC'd 8.5. lol

I have all the GL's from Showcase 22 up to the end of the 2nd series. Purchased the 90 up right off the shelves personally. My early issues are a mixed bag. There are VG+ and there are 9.2 and 9.4's. Really tough for me to find some cool stuff that you guys haven't already posted. Here's a few of mine. The kicker is, I only paid $1 each for these in 1982 from the original owner. What a find. I reduced my scans somewhat so I do not eat up my ISP space. Sorry.

GL70 has razor sharp corners but some minor spine crinklies. May grade 9.0 Looks NM in person

gl70.jpg

GL73 Perhaps my fave of this part of the run. Razor sharp corners.Spines perfect. UNfortunatley the cut is slightly off. 9.4?

gl73.jpg

GL74 Darn upper right corner ding. No spine issues. 9.2?

gl74.jpg

GL75 Just a bit less than the rest. 9.0

gl75.jpg

GL87 awesome white cover corners are nice but slightly turned down on this Giant Size issue. Tough call. Possibly 9.2 but perhaps just 9.0.

gl87.jpg

And the last of the original run GL89 Decent 9.0

gl89.jpg

I may post some others later. Thanks for sharing the images. GL RULES!!!

Seadevils

Incidently, I started a thread the other day when I joined the CGC Boards. "30 years collecting DC Silver new member" in the General section. Also posted in silver but all my images are in the general section.

I have scans of several 1950's DC #1's and then some HG various 1960's DC. Check 'em out if you haven't already. Also in "Brother can you spare a grade?" I posted my newly aquired HG 1949 Superboy #1

Thanks, Seadevils

Wow!!! I'm just blown away looking at all the 9.2, 9.4, 9.6 early silver GL's. My favorite DC hero other than Supey. Course I love 'em all. arexcrooke's 9.4 GL59 rocks and then Big Daddy put his 9.4 up. Whoa!!

arexcroooke and , spunkydo way to go!!! I'm totally jealous of paperheart's 9.6 GL 40. Thought I had a decent CGC'd 8.5. lol

I have all the GL's from Showcase 22 up to the end of the 2nd series. Purchased the 90 up right off the shelves personally. My early issues are a mixed bag. There are VG+ and there are 9.2 and 9.4's. Really tough for me to find some cool stuff that you guys haven't already posted. Here's a few of mine. The kicker is, I only paid $1 each for these in 1982 from the original owner. What a find. I reduced my scans somewhat so I do not eat up my ISP space. Sorry.

GL70 has razor sharp corners but some minor spine crinklies. May grade 9.0 Looks NM in person

gl70.jpg

GL73 Perhaps my fave of this part of the run. Razor sharp corners.Spines perfect. UNfortunatley the cut is slightly off. 9.4?

gl73.jpg

GL74 Darn upper right corner ding. No spine issues. 9.2?

gl74.jpg

GL75 Just a bit less than the rest. 9.0

gl75.jpg

GL87 awesome white cover corners are nice but slightly turned down on this Giant Size issue. Tough call. Possibly 9.2 but perhaps just 9.0.

gl87.jpg

And the last of the original run GL89 Decent 9.0

gl89.jpg

I may post some others later. Thanks for sharing the images. GL RULES!!!

Seadevils

nice but you skipped over the book there's a bit of a mania for here- i think it's the #76.

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=18924

oy papi!! i guess i'll have to be content w/ my lowly 9.2 purchased at less than 1/10th the price.

Wow! That is a huge price, particularly considering the fugly miswrap on that copy.

Beautiful #12!! (worship)

I think this is a nicer copy. (shrug)

GL12a.jpg

too lazy to check the census- how rare is this book in 9.4? know it was in a DC 3 pak- an early one mind you but those books are typically easier to find in grade. well, maybe not so much- only two of them and nothing higher. i guess that quasi explains the price.

Edited by paperheart

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=18924

oy papi!! i guess i'll have to be content w/ my lowly 9.2 purchased at less than 1/10th the price.

Wow! That is a huge price, particularly considering the fugly miswrap on that copy.

Beautiful #12!! (worship)

I think this is a nicer copy. (shrug)

GL12a.jpg

too lazy to check the census- how rare is this book in 9.4? know it was in a DC 3 pak- an early one mind you but those books are typically easier to find in grade. well, maybe not so much- only two of them and nothing higher. i guess that quasi explains the price.

Yup, surprisingly scarce in NM. The only slabbed 9.4 copies so far are the one I just posted (no longer owned by me) and the miswrapped one that just sold on Pedigree.