• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 50 Good Girl Art Covers!

248 posts in this topic

great stuff. One of my favorites is Weird Fantasy #15. It crosses many categories; good girl, sci-fi and horror!

West

ps... don't forget to add My Life #4, Wonder Comics #11 and Sunny #11 to the list! :grin:

In addition to #15, Weird Fantasy #7 is another nice GGA book that I wouldn't mind owning.

Gem Comics #1 is another one that is always overlooked, probably because it only lasted 1 issue.

West

Speaking of Gem Comics #1.

gemcomics1gerber7.jpg

I picked these up ages ago and always like the covers.

That "Out of This World" book is awesome! I will have to add that one to the list for ones to watch out for. For a minute there, I thought it was a pulp.

That "Out of This World" book is awesome! I will have to add that one to the list for ones to watch out for. For a minute there, I thought it was a pulp.

It is a pulp. And a comic book. :acclaim:

There's a comic story insert in that pulp along with pulp sci-fi stories.

GCD says that Art Saaf did the cover, but does the damsel in distress remind anyone else of Lilly Renee's work? She has a story in this issue.

Jack

Thought I'd add one more. Sold this one to Ritter's a couple of month's ago.

rangers14gerber7.jpg

I don't suppose that it's a dessert topping too?

There's a comic story insert in that pulp along with pulp sci-fi stories.

Jack

GCD says that Art Saaf did the cover, but does the damsel in distress remind anyone else of Lilly Renee's work? She has a story in this issue.

Jack

Thought I'd add one more. Sold this one to Ritter's a couple of month's ago.

It's much better work than the Art Saaf art I'm familiar with so I would be suspicious as to other hands being involved.

I don't suppose that it's a dessert topping too?

Jack

Probably not. But you could have it for cereal. Doubt it would taste any different than wheaties. :kidaround:

]

I was thinking the same thing even before you mentioned it. The angles in the damsel's legs look like pure Renee

I was thinking the same thing even before you mentioned it. The angles in the damsel's legs look like pure Renee

Could one of you big shots ask her about it? She's still around and making con appearances, right? I wonder whether she'd remember if she saw the cover.

Jack

>> There's a comic story insert in that pulp along with pulp sci-fi stories.

Some specifics:

There are only 2 issues of "Out of This World Adventures," from July and Dec 1950.

Both of these pulps contain the entire contents of separately published Avon comics.

The July issue reprints Out of This World #1, June 1950.

The Dec issue reprints Strange Worlds #1, Nov 1950.

cheers,

gozer

---------------------------------------

Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that

fancy store-bought dirt. That stuff's loaded with nutrients. I -- I can't

compete with that stuff.

Already posted by Skybolt but this is one of my GGA grails and I finally got it today. I've wanted ever since seeing his sweet copy in the slabbed GGA thread.

Rangers26front.jpg

Congratulations, that's a beautiful copy! :applause: