• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 50 Good Girl Art Covers!

248 posts in this topic

Great list! Just a blast to read and see all the amazing GGA covers. :applause:

GGA is something I've definitely focused on in the past and a good deal of great artwork was represented here. I'm sooooooooooo glad ciorac mentioned Sunny. Just some amazing covers during the short-lived Sunny run and the Spirit #22 is a definite miss from an otherwise tight list. Just curious, but where would Blonde Phantom fall here? More superhero then GGA? I think she sorta spans both genres. :)

Lastly, here are a few others that should garner some well-deserved attention...

Good 'ol Annie get your guy Oakley

annieoakley3.jpg

One more Fight comic to add. Not the most facially pretty gals, but great stuff along w/ timely context.

fight40.jpg

Junior again b/c I can :cloud9:

junior11.jpg

I did consider Blonde Phantom, but to be honest with you I was a little too lazy to look through all the superhero, romance and horror genres. I'm sure there are some great GGA covers there. For instance, I really like the Sub Mariner Namora covers.

GGA is something I've definitely focused on in the past and a good deal of great artwork was represented here. I'm sooooooooooo glad ciorac mentioned Sunny. Just some amazing covers during the short-lived Sunny run and the Spirit #22 is a definite miss from an otherwise tight list. Just curious, but where would Blonde Phantom fall here? More superhero then GGA? I think she sorta spans both genres. :)

Lastly, here are a few others that should garner some well-deserved attention...

junior11.jpg

:luhv::takeit:

I did consider Blonde Phantom, but to be honest with you I was a little too lazy to look through all the superhero, romance and horror genres. I'm sure there are some great GGA covers there. For instance, I really like the Sub Mariner Namora covers.

Totally agree :)

I wondered about the other genres as well, but yeah, that would be quite the undertaking and I'm sure putting this list together was pretty time consuming. It might be interesting at some point though to see GGA broken down by those categories you mentioned - i.e. superhero, romance and horror.

Just a few more BLONDE covers that I couldn't resist adding. That Crippen had mighty fine taste!

983954.jpg

880016.jpg

982504.jpg

junior11.jpg

:luhv::takeit:

Here's another Junior cover that I really like:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What is it about these covers that we find so appealing?

I can think of two reasons off the top of my head. hm

Great thread SB. We all know that 25 of any "Top 50" we might generate could easily be replaced by 25 others without losing much if any wow factor. And although Gerber has a finite number of books listed, and I've read boht books front to back cover 20 times, I'm amazed at how frequently I stumble upon a "gotta have" GGA book that wasn't on my radar.

BTW, that Claire Voyant 2 on CL will be mine. :sumo:

Great thread SB. We all know that 25 of any "Top 50" we might generate could easily be replaced by 25 others without losing much if any wow factor. And although Gerber has a finite number of books listed, and I've read boht books front to cover 20 times, I'm amazed at how frequently I stumble upon a "gotta have" GGA book that wasn't on my radar.

BTW, that Claire Voyant 2 on CL will be mine. :sumo:

Hope so, I know you like that cover. (thumbs u

What is it about these covers that we find so appealing? I'm more of an assman myself, but there seems to be more tight blouse, sweater/dress covers. Is this the case?

:signfunny: I'll see if I can find a little GGA booty for ya Black Hand :)