• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

The Pep 25 and 32 are both super hard to find nice copies of. I tried for a long time and never could. Unsung key issues, too. I believe the 25 is the first appearance of Archie's jalopy, second only to the Batmobile in the pantheon of comic book vehicles.

5330480640_8842878ff5_z.jpg

Yes and pretty good art too.

How's the innards on that Zip 38?

It's a mixed bag - still, they're interesting enough for me to continue the pursuit.

The 38 is a farily common issue, but the later Zips are pretty scarce.

Thnx for the kudos all - I do really need to get around and scan the rest of my MLJ's (for the most part, they're terrific books).

As a parting shot, this one's low grade but a keeper.

Zip32.jpg

Steve, can I please be in your will?

Sure Dan, as long as you're willing to also accept the rest of the herd, for example:

100_1377.jpg

6113029651_ee129b1117_z.jpg

I noticed Cooper conserved on his efforts by reusing panels to make covers. Panel is from Blue Ribbon 9.

BlueRibbonComics11FC.jpg

Did you know your book is the Cosmic Aeroplane copy? :o

(thumbs u

:whee:

I kind of suspected when I saw the writing. I sent a PM to the boardie I bought it from as it was not purchased as the CA copy, but no reply yet.

I should have looked closer when I first got the book.

BlueRibbonComics11FC.jpg

(thumbs u

I kind of suspected when I saw the writing. I sent a PM to the boardie I bought it from as it was not purchased as the CA copy, but no reply yet.

Awesome books. I love it when you get an unexpected pedigree in the mail--it's happened to me exactly once (also a CA book). Congrats :applause:

BlueRibbonComics11FC.jpg

(thumbs u

Awesome books. I love it when you get an unexpected pedigree in the mail--it's happened to me exactly once (also a CA book). Congrats :applause:

I feel like it is my lucky day lol .

BlueRibbonComics11FC.jpg

(thumbs u

Congrat's on the CA pedigree, MF... same thing happened to me on the 13 (check mark center, lower third of the cover).

Blue Ribbon is such a great run... :applause:

100_1142.jpg