• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.comics4kids.org

588 posts in this topic

I understand the perception that Money donated to this Org may be in the wind, so to speak, but what about actual Comic Book donations??

Has anyone ever seen a comic that was donated, sold elsewhere?? I would have thought that the vast majority of donated books would be pretty worthless insofar as bothering to try and resell them.

ie., someone donates a hundred or a thousand beaters to be given to hospitals and such for kids to read. I guess I'm missing where the nefarious motive is here, other then said monetary donations... (shrug)

I understand the perception that Money donated to this Org may be in the wind, so to speak, but what about actual Comic Book donations??

Has anyone ever seen a comic that was donated, sold elsewhere?? I would have thought that the vast majority of donated books would be pretty worthless insofar as bothering to try and resell them.

ie., someone donates a hundred or a thousand beaters to be given to hospitals and such for kids to read. I guess I'm missing where the nefarious motive is here, other then said monetary donations... (shrug)

Mr. Moore has made claims in these threads and on these boards that he has been his "organization" has been the recipient, well in excess, of $100,000 in comic books.

He also mentioned that any expensive books donated were sold to fund operations.

That's the first question. Where are the books?

There are many more simple yet important questions.

Who were they distributed to? When? In what amounts? Who is the contact person for each organization?

If they were sold to fund the organization where is the accounting of those funds?

How much?

Where was the money spent and on what?

Were the donated books segregated from his regular comic stock?

If they weren't segregated then what manner of documentation was used to separate donated books from his regular stock of books sold at shows and online?

Mr. Moore has stated in his posts in various threads that he has be the recipient of donations from one dealer equally $100,000 in comic books, what happened to those books?

Another dealer allegedly donated $60,000 worth of books, what happened to those books?

Where are the IRS records for this corporation showing the income and expenses?

Being that this isn't a licensed charity, or not an active corporation, how are these donations being categorized for tax purposes, both to his organization and to indivudal donors?

We've seen nefarious motive on this board for $100. In this instance we are talking about an organization, ostensibly for the benefit of children, gathering donations of cash and comics well in excess of $100,000 over a long period of time without attaining and maintaining the most basic elements of organizational integrity.

I think the questions, and the scrutiny Mr. Moore's sparse and incomplete answers have garnered to date justify even more in depth and detailed questions and answers.

If there is no nefarious motive, and there are no detrimental actions or intentions, then real transparent disclosure of everything listed above is a good first step towards proving it.

Organizations of charity and philanthropy carry a larger burden then a private, for profit, business, given that people supporting the organization are in complete reliance on the organization to act within the bounds of ethics and to perform their duties, as promised, with the sizable donations they elicit from donors.

Mr. Moore has made claims in these threads and on these boards that he has been his "organization" has been the recipient, well in excess, of $100,000 in comic books.

He also mentioned that any expensive books donated were sold to fund operations.

Who were they distributed to? When? In what amounts? Who is the contact person for each organization?

If they were sold to fund the organization where is the accounting of those funds?

How much?

If they weren't segregated then what manner of documentation was used to separate donated books from his regular stock of books sold at shows and online?

Mr. Moore has stated in his posts in various threads that he has be the recipient of donations from one dealer equally $100,000 in comic books, what happened to those books?

Another dealer allegedly donated $60,000 worth of books, what happened to those books?

Being that this isn't a licensed charity, or not an active corporation, how are these donations being categorized for tax purposes, both to his organization and to indivudal donors?

We've seen nefarious motive on this board for $100. In this instance we are talking about an organization, ostensibly for the benefit of children, gathering donations of cash and comics well in excess of $100,000 over a long period of time without attaining and maintaining the most basic elements of organizational integrity.

I think the questions, and the scrutiny Mr. Moore's sparse and incomplete answers have garnered to date justify even more in depth and detailed questions and answers.

If there is no nefarious motive, and there are no detrimental actions or intentions, then real transparent disclosure of everything listed above is a good first step towards proving it.

Organizations of charity and philanthropy carry a larger burden then a private, for profit, business, given that people supporting the organization are in complete reliance on the organization to act within the bounds of ethics and to perform their duties, as promised, with the sizable donations they elicit from donors.

Thanks for the rundown and analysis... (thumbs u

I hadn't realized that he had been selling some of the "better" books to fund the operation. Geez that sounds shady, given that they never completed the required paperwork to make this all legit. Certainly one would believe that those big donors wrote off those as Charitable Contributions (except there doesn't ever appear to have been any "accreditation" as such)....yikes. :o

How much?

Thanks for the rundown and analysis... (thumbs u

I hadn't realized that he had been selling some of the "better" books to fund the operation. Geez that sounds shady, given that they never completed the required paperwork to make this all legit. Certainly one would believe that those big donors wrote off those as Charitable Contributions (except there doesn't ever appear to have been any "accreditation" as such)....yikes. :o

No problem.

Dale mentioned in one of these threads something to the effect of "We're not going to give a kid an ASM #4, so we'd sell that book and use it to buy more books to give away or fund operations."

Perhaps that's what happened. We just have no way of knowing what did happen.

:acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim:

In keeping with the nature of the season, Please consider a donation of your extra comics to

Comics4Kids, INC.

20825 SR 410 East # 413

Bonney Lake, WA 98391

USA

email comics4kids@aim.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OUR SPONSORS IN THE PAST YEARS including the CGC FORUMITES especially David Matteini. Also Thank you to STEVE BOROCK and GEMMA ADEL / COMICS GUARANTY, LLC ( CGC ), JIM HALPERIN and ED JASTER / HERITAGE COMICS AUCTIONS ( HCA ), and STEVE LAUTERBACH / INVESTMENT COLLECTABLES and MITCH O'CONNELL

WE WILL KEEP TRACT OF WHO DONATES THE MOST AND POST IT HEREIN.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

:acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim:

Bless you, this sounds great! PM me with the deets on how I can contribute. :wishluck:

I am sure he'll be back, hat in hand, puppy dog eyes, asking for us to help "the children" and pretending that this thread and all the questions never happened.

He's been doing the same thing on this board back to, at least, 2006. Why would he chance tactics now?

lol

This should really be on page 1 so dale can find it easily to respond to all the questions.

Also it will be easier for anyone who has sponsored or contributed to find the thread as well.

Let's ask more questions in advance of Dale's inevitable :eyeroll: return:

Let's get to the bottom of some of Dale's statements about the Heidi.Spidey ebay account that he claims is not his, is run by a sponsor that he has no control over, and that the items are not his, and that there is no direct connection between that account and its owner and Dale and Comics 4 kids other than she is a "sponsor".

Let's look into how true that is...or isn't.

from the General Discussion thread:

Some interesting info popped up on Comics General today, and it directly relates to the questions we asked and the *cough* "answers" we have gotten so far.

First the question and answers from earlier:

Next up...you can't control what "sponsors" sell online? Heidi Spidey is just a "sponsor"

Yes Heidi Spidey chooses to donate to Comics4Kids and our combined efforts knowing there is no personal gain for her at this time.

Even though it's clear this is where you sell all your items and the "about me" is ALL ABOUT YOU, and that when you click on the hotlink under any of the scans of the books at the top of that page it takes you to YOUR myspace page, let's take a look at that claim that it's a "sponsor's" doing, and you have no control.

No one uses myspace that is a data storage only

Heidi Spidey is a "sponsor" now? totally out of your control? Has nothing to do with you other than being a "sponsor"?

She's not your girlfriend/fiance/significant other?

[b]I am in a relationship (sorry to disappoint, guys) ~ Those posters are not mine. Clearly adult items cannot be passed on to the kids. Some have trememndous secondary value. Items sold to raise money to buy applicable comics for kids. eBay members have to be 18 to bid. eBay also censors anything illegal. There is no complicity heading into actual Comics4Kids literature or daily business. [/b]

Easy question Dale. Really easy.

What paypal account(s) were used to gather and accept cash donations from the named business and corporate sponsors for the WW New Orleans Convention?