• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago

600 posts in this topic

How far is Greektown away from the convention center? I will not have access to a rental car. :cry:

Right off downtown Chicago, pretty far from the convention center. Could always find a good greek restaurant closer to the con if that's more feasible?

Greektown sounds good to me. I'll be staying at the Belden-Stratford off Lincoln Park!!!! :headbang:

How come so far away?

I always stay there when I visit Chicago !!! Maybe it's because I like the Lake so much, and it's got a great view of the lake and close to downtown as well.

(thumbs u Gotcha

How far is Greektown away from the convention center? I will not have access to a rental car. :cry:

Right off downtown Chicago, pretty far from the convention center. Could always find a good greek restaurant closer to the con if that's more feasible?

Greektown sounds good to me. I'll be staying at the Belden-Stratford off Lincoln Park!!!! :headbang:

How come so far away?

I always stay there when I visit Chicago !!! Maybe it's because I like the Lake so much, and it's got a great view of the lake and close to downtown as well.

(thumbs u Gotcha

Yeah, my only pet peeve about the con was that downtown was so far away. Lou and I spent a $40 cab ride (each way) to go out on the town one nite. Other than that everything was a blast.

Gentlemen (and I use the term exceptionally loosely... lol )

I will be reserving the Donald E. Stephens Room for the night of June 28 shortly. When I do this, I will start dunning you for your payment, as I will have to put a deposit down on the room. Please don't say you're coming and then bail. 16 people have said YES, so we shouldn't have any problem. I assume it will be in the $75-80 per head range for dinner. Note that this is what it costs to eat at a four star steak restaurant, and nobody's making any money on it.

Last year we had 53 people, I'd like to top 75 this year - and given that another 25 or so wandered in for drinks, dessert and conversation, that shouldn't be a problem.

The Chicago dinner is open to everybody. Agendas and egos are checked at the door and we have a good time. For those who didn't come last year, you missed the absolute highlight of the year. If you're going to Chicago for the convention, there is no reason - none - why you should skip it. Great food, great conversations, great comics, and just a feeling of community all around. Its gotten to the point where the convention, to me, is secondary to the dinner.

Posted for Flying Donut.

I'm booked at the Radisson O'Hare June 26-29!!! A little cheaper so I can have more money to buy comics with!!! :applause:

Gonna cancel my Belden-Stratford reservations, Watcher makes a lot of sense!!! That's why he's the Watcher!!!.

Always glad to help out a friend (thumbs u

Im booked at the Hyatt Regency June 26-29!!! :headbang:

Now I just got to work on plane tickets! hm

Jet Blue is $400 per person round trip (direct flight). Does that sound about right from Southern California? (shrug)

Mine is 200 and something from NY so it sounds right (thumbs u

Drive :gossip:

I plan on it :insane:

You'll see me there and like it :sumo:

Where do you people meet up?? do most boardies stay accross the street at those over prices hotels?? lol

I live close enough to just drive every day (45 minutes) and save money on hotels but the PARKING just sucks & soooo over priced..

But would like to hook up with some people to put faces to the board names.... :baiting:

Drive :gossip:

I plan on it :insane:

You'll see me there and like it :sumo:

Where do you people meet up?? do most boardies stay accross the street at those over prices hotels?? lol

I live close enough to just drive every day (45 minutes) and save money on hotels but the PARKING just sucks & soooo over priced..

But would like to hook up with some people to put faces to the board names.... :baiting:

Just stop by any of the booths of dealer/board members. You're bound to run into someone.

Okay...whats the closest and cheapest hotel with free interent? Or where the heck is everybody staying.

Right now I'm looking at the Hyatt Regency OHare across the street for $150 a night. I never been to Chicago so any help is helpful. ;).

Okay...whats the closest and cheapest hotel with free interent? Or where the heck is everybody staying.

Right now I'm looking at the Hyatt Regency OHare across the street for $150 a night. I never been to Chicago so any help is helpful. ;).

You can share the floor with greggy :baiting:

You can share the floor with greggy :baiting:

I'll hide the romance books in my room. :hi: