• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago

600 posts in this topic

Friday could be difficult for me Ang, as I usually play in the poker tourney...... :(

doh! Forgot about that. I'll get input as to which day is more feasible for everyone, Thurs or Fri, and we'll go from there.

fak em Ang.

Just make sure you tell me:

a) when it is

b) where to meet you

c) translate the menu so I dont get somethign :sick:

Friday could be difficult for me Ang, as I usually play in the poker tourney...... :(

doh! Forgot about that. I'll get input as to which day is more feasible for everyone, Thurs or Fri, and we'll go from there.

fak em Ang.

a) when it is

b) where to meet you

Just order a roast lamb dish, fool.

fak em Ang.

a) when it is

b) where to meet you

I would never leave you hanging, Arex (thumbs u

I'm not even vaguely Greek, but I'd be happy to have dinner in Greektown with you all :cloud9:

As we get closer to the convention date, I'll start a thread where anyone that's interested can sign up. Once I get an idea on how many want to do the dinner, I'll make reservations. Anyone and everyone is invited to join us. Bring friends, family, whatever. I'm thinking the most feasible day would be Friday 27 June. Thursday is an option, too, but I'm figuring more people will be in town on Friday.

Where are you thinking of going? Greek Islands?

I'm not even vaguely Greek, but I'd be happy to have dinner in Greektown with you all :cloud9:

As we get closer to the convention date, I'll start a thread where anyone that's interested can sign up. Once I get an idea on how many want to do the dinner, I'll make reservations. Anyone and everyone is invited to join us. Bring friends, family, whatever. I'm thinking the most feasible day would be Friday 27 June. Thursday is an option, too, but I'm figuring more people will be in town on Friday.

That was one option, but I'm not sure after they were shut down by the city doh!

That was one option, but I'm not sure after they were shut down by the city doh!

:eek: Didn't hear about that, being in Nashville and all. Scratch that one off the list!

:eek: Didn't hear about that, being in Nashville and all. Scratch that one off the list!

But you gotta figure they're going to be on their best behavior so there isn't a repeat performance. There's a couple of places that are good like Costa's, Diana's, or Roditis. I'll find one, rest assured.

But you gotta figure they're going to be on their best behavior so there isn't a repeat performance. There's a couple of places that are good like Costa's, Diana's, or Roditis. I'll find one, rest assured.

Count me in. It's been too long since I ate some quality Greek food.

Excellent :applause:

I would like to join if there is still room. Friday is the only night I have free for dinner.

I would like to join if there is still room. Friday is the only night I have free for dinner.

:foryou:

Hey Angelo, make sure you get Danny and some others to try kokoretsi :cloud9:

Kokoretsi is a traditional dish of the Balkans and Anatolia consisting mainly of seasoned lamb or goat offal. Recipes usually include chopped intestines, sweetbreads, hearts, lungs and/or kidneys, marinated in lemon, olive oil and oregano, and seasoned with salt and pepper.

Among Greeks, it is traditionally consumed at Easter, though it is available year-round.

No thank you :eek: