• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPS Arrived At My LCS Earlier Than Santa - ASM #545 & Others

152 posts in this topic

Well Kevin, you've answered the question I've been wondering for some time now: how would they kill off Spider-Man. This really begs the question of whether or not these pencil-necked geeks at Marvel are in touch with the fanbase or even their own stable of characters. Instead of playing within the rules of their characters' personalities, they are making them behave in outlandish ways just for the sake of creating drama.

And since you brought up JMS and Sins Past, I do think its interesting to note the decision made about Norman being pushed on him from the editor. Still, "I was just obeying orders" doesn't really cut it in the real world, so as far as I'm concerned, he still should have known better than to have participated in the butchering of that story. *Yes, I'm being a fanboy in this instance*

Excellent posting, and I think it'd be well worth forwarding it to Marvel for their consideration.

And since you brought up JMS and Sins Past, I do think its interesting to note the decision made about Norman being pushed on him from the editor. Still, "I was just obeying orders" doesn't really cut it in the real world, so as far as I'm concerned, he still should have known better than to have participated in the butchering of that story. *Yes, I'm being a fanboy in this instance*

This sounds like backtracking nonsense. JMS defended the story vigorously against all the nay-sayers. To now say it was forced on him is a tad too convienent...

Jim

He was doing that when it was being published. He regretted allowing editorial to change the direction, but rather than pull his story he let them alter it.

I finally read the issue today. No surprises. Despite the excellent creators tapped for Brand New Day, I think they are wading into a minefield.

He was doing that when it was being published. He regretted allowing editorial to change the direction, but rather than pull his story he let them alter it.

Still don't buy it. He was not only defending the storyline but was denigrating fans who voiced their displeasure. At one point he liken them to juvenile perverts. You don't go to that extreme unless you fully back a project...

Jim

I think it's more of a case of supporting the "desires" of his friend/employer and going to extremes to defend a decision, although telling people it wasn't what he wanted definitely undermines all of that. Don't take my replies as a defense...

Spoiler Alert (if the thread hasn't already spoiled it for you)....

So no one remembers the marriage except for MJ?????

A virtual mind-erase in the Marvel Universe for anybody knowing anything relating to the marriage? doh!

That is the solution to the spidey marriage "problem"? Wouldn't a divorce be easier? This ruins continuity in so many ways, it is mind-boggling. Peter Parker now seems to be officially living in an alternative universe.

My ASM run may officially stop now. Add me to the list of Joe Q haters.

And yet I really do want to read what Dan Slott will do with Spidey...

Spoiler Alert (if the thread hasn't already spoiled it for you)....

So no one remembers the marriage except for MJ?????

A virtual mind-erase in the Marvel Universe for anybody knowing anything relating to the marriage? doh!

That is the solution to the spidey marriage "problem"? Wouldn't a divorce be easier?

No, I believe sniffing glue would be easier. :insane: Joe Quesada must really be a secret Spider-Man hater for all of the he has allowed to filter into Marvel's flagship. :pullhair:

How is the issue selling at your LCSs? There was a fairly big stack left on the racks last night. The owner is fairly conservative in his ordering so I doubt he overordered any significant quantity...

I can see fanboys browsing through it and setting it back on the racks unsold...

Jim

How is the issue selling at your LCSs? There was a fairly big stack left on the racks last night. The owner is fairly conservative in his ordering so I doubt he overordered any significant quantity...

I can see fanboys browsing through it and setting it back on the racks unsold...

Jim

Usually I am sold out of ASMS after 2-3 days after on my site.

Haven't sold a one :( Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jim

Usually I am sold out of ASMS after 2-3 days after on my site.

Haven't sold a one :( Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The owner at my LCS mentioned that several people have already cancelled the book from their pull list. I'm very upset with the story but am going to wait it out a for a couple of months.

I'm very upset with the story but am going to wait it out a for a couple of months.

Why? The only way Marvel will "get it" is for readers to stop buying the title. Marvel is counting on habitual fanboys to continue to buy the title so they can demonstrate that readers really don't care about controversal storylines...and hype the increased reader numbers to the bottomline that reboots such as these generate (for a short time). Stop buyng the title immediately, and maybe Marvel will see they've gone too far...

Jim

I'm very upset with the story but am going to wait it out a for a couple of months.

Why? The only way Marvel will "get it" is for readers to stop buying the title. Marvel is counting on habitual fanboys to continue to buy the title so they can demonstrate that readers really don't care about controversal storylines...and hype the increased reader numbers to the bottomline that reboots such as these generate (for a short time). Stop buyng the title immediately, and maybe Marvel will see they've gone too far...

Jim

I've been buying this title religiously for over 25 years and have seen my fair of stories. It would be very tough to just stop buying ASM...

Jim

I've been buying this title religiously for over 25 years and have seen my fair of stories. It would be very tough to just stop buying ASM...

I hear ya...had to make the same call on the FF a couple years ago. But once I stopped it really wasn't that hard to stay away. Now I look and see if the title has improved before laying any money out. When the title starts to slide, it not hard whatsoever to stop again...

Jim