• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,927 posts in this topic

I'll be listing a ginormous lot of Deadworld books later today including:

Deadtales 1

Deadworld (Arrow): 1-2, 3(x2), 4(x2), 9

Deadworld (Caliber v1): 10-13, 16-20, 22-23, 25-26

Deadworld (Caliber v2): 2, 4-6

Deadworld (Image): 1-4, 6

Deadworld Archives: 1-2

Deadworld Bits & Pieces 1

Deadworld To Kill a King 1-2, Special Edition 1

Realm of the Dead 3 (Realm/Deadworld crossover)

Roadkill: A chronicle of the Deadworld

I do have them all scanned so you can check out the individual books if you like. I'll include approximate grades with each as well.

th_DEADWORLD01.jpg

They aren't high grade, mostly falling into the 7.0-8.0 range. A nice starter/reader lot. I'm not sure I've ever seen a huge lot of these for sale anywhere. Still working on how to price them - but I'd definitely like to sell as one lot (shipped via boxed priority - they fill the box almost perfectly, including packing material).

Hey guys,

I have about 20 BA Playboys from Nov 1970 thru June 1974. All but the Nov 1970 issue have the Alberto Vargas Pinup Girls. Not sure how to grade mags...They are all low to high mid grade (from G/VG to maybe VF-) . Some have minor foxing on FC and BC ... All have attached staples, though some have tearing around stapes. All are complete with the centerfolds. None of the pages are stuck together, nor are there any weird stains :sick:

Most have the original subscription cards still stuck in them.

If anyone can give me any advice pricewise how to list these things PLEASE PM me and lmk. I will be listing them as soon as I have some feedback.

Thanks

Thomas

Either Sunday (tomorrow) or Monday I will begin to list a whole bunch of Golden and Silver age slabs. Some of the titles include:

The Amazing Spider-man

Captain Marvel Adventures

Captain Marvel Jr.

Fantastic Four

Justice League

Tales to Astonish

X-men

and some others.

I believe all of the books are priced below guide - some around GPA. I don't have a GPA subscription, but I used the Heritage auction links to get the GPA info on many of my books.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking.

Posted a bunch of stuff in Gold/Silver/Bronze that also includes copper

Perhaps I should have posted it in the mixed (shrug)

Lots of McFarlane spidey and other stuff. I'll also be posting a lot of great pictures :grin:

Like this :cool:

mr-t1.jpg

oh wait wrong one, :blush: I meant this one :cool:

bar-refaeli-1280x800-29387.jpg

Working on scanning two long-boxes of recent moderns (mostly 2005-current) that I'll be listing.

Most single books will be a buck and there will be some lots in there too at discounted prices.

Some of the titles:

New Avengers

Civil War

Secret Invasion

Secret War

Shanna

Thor

Tons of Ultimate titles: FF, Extinction, Spider-Man, Ultimates, 1&2, Power, Secret,

World War Hulk

Dark Tower

Earth X

FF

Hulk

Iron Man

Mighty Avengers

Brubaker Caps

etc.

Most are NM, most purchased by me. I hope to be done scanning by Tues evening and list from Weds - Fri, invoice Saturday and ship the following Monday.

I've recently come to the hard decision to sell most, if not all my small collection of high grade Amazing Spideys. I've decided to build a war chest in an attempt to obtain my ultimate grail, AF #15 and really want a good try for the best I can find. A good preview is my sig line.

The lowest grade will be CGC 9.2 and will include some pedigrees ( 2 - Northlands and 1 Pacific Coast Dective Comics). If all goes well with me getting home early tomorrow (Thursday), and getting up all my scans, I plan to list them all tomorrow afternoon/evening (PST).

I have never set up a kudos thread for myself, but have been more active on the board the last year or so and have dealt several times with Rube11, Roy (r1970d), Peter Loves Gwen, Spideyinacase, etc. I also had a fairly successful sales thread mid/late last year and had some nice dealings with several others from the boards. I've been buying/selling (mostly buying lately) on eBay for many years, ID= gymj22, with 100% feedback. Hope to see some good interest and hope you all check it out tomorrow (hopefully; Friday at the latest).

Thanks!

I'm going to begin the task of listing my 5000+ comic collection tonight...

With 26 short boxes cataloged, and 30 left to go, I have come to the realization that if I did submit my collection to Lone Star for one lump sum, I would probably be bent over, or even appalled at the offer that might result. So I have come to the conclusion that I must at least give an attempt to move the issues in sets, or otherwise, by another method.

The 26 shorts I have cataloged thus far account for 2842 issues in total, so I can only assume that over the course of 25 years of collecting I have roughly 5000 books ready to be sold off.

I'm new to the board, but have arrived here with the intention of completing a run of FF. So here is where I can begin to fill my paypal coffers. Hopefully some of you will find something you need, want, or desire to add to your own personal collections.

I collected heavily from 1985-1993, and then again during 1996-1997, and then in true earnest from 2002 to the present. A couple of collections have been collated into mine, and I almost don't even know what will present itself. The collection has overrun my guest bedroom. They have to move out.

I'll work on shipping pricing between now and the beginning of my sale thread, and will likely post in the mixed age area, since my comics cover early 70's to present day.

The bulk of my modern collection was handpicked by me while working on new comic day at my LCS. All have been bagged an boarded since day one, and many many are unread as I was buying duplicates and not reading every title which I collected.

I also have a database of the first 26 boxes, if anyone wants to take a peek at it and make an offer on runs of books. I'm hoping to keep things in manageable sets, and will determine how many will fit in a priority box this evening as well.

Free comics with every purchase!

Look for my sale thread later tonight! And thanks! :D

I am going to start several threads over the next few days.

My little one needs some braces that aren't covered by insurance so I am going to move some books to offset the cost of the process.

There will be a group of Raw Mass Ped Batmans and Tecs that are the last of my collection originally bought when the collection was discovered.

There will be a thread of Valiant Slabs.

There will be a thread of more rare modern books, rare imports and some hard to get SS books. There will be slabs and raws and some nice sketch covers and

Then I will have a bunch of raw bronze and copper books. I have a ton of nice Bronze ASMs and lots of Batmans and other runs from the mid 70's to late 80's.

It's going to take a while to get through them all but they will start tonight. PM me with any questions or requests. I have a ton of books so any guidance or requests will be helpful.

Maybe I will throw some Original Art into the mix too. hm

What time?

DR.X

I am gonna start the Mass Pedigree books first tonight, and probably throw up the Valiant slabs.

Then I will take the rest as I can get scans and grades up.

I will be listing around 200 cheap low & midgrade DC SA/BA readers starting sometime today. This will be similar in style to the Marvel sale I had a couple of weeks ago, though fewer books this time around. There is some fun stuff in here, most of them are strictly readers though. Includes lots of 12¢ books, hero & horror, etc. Atom, Superboy, Superman, War titles, HOM, Ghosts, etc.

I'll be having a much larger modern DC sale after this one, but am still in the process of imaging (scans & pictures) for that one, so am not ready to get moving on that yet.