• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,915 posts in this topic

Scheduled (hopefully) for NEXT Friday, the 17th -- I'll be running a pretty big sale in G/S/B.  Lots of raw books from major Marvel/DC titles, a majority of which will be in nice grades.  There'll be some really neat books, around 3 short boxes worth.  The sale will be in titles lettered A-F (if I can get through more books by then, maybe through another letter or two).  Hope to see familiar faces -- and new ones -- there for the fun! :foryou:

Starting Sometime this weekend. My Large Winter Sales Thread. I am in for the winter for shows so I will be pulling out some boxes probably 1 to 2k worth of books. The usual from me high grade raws, last issues, keys, oddball stuff, some trades. All late Bronze to early Modern with alot of Copper in between. 

Shooting for Thursday Evening around 6 Central, but tentatively. I am going to start the painful process of parting out my Fantastic Four run, that took near a lifetime to put together, but it's time to thin things down.

I am going to start with issue # 6 - #23. Time is only going to allow me to put up a group at a time. I've had some of these books 45/50 years tucked away, from a time we just bought books to read and enjoy.

On 11/9/2023 at 7:02 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Scheduled (hopefully) for NEXT Friday, the 17th -- I'll be running a pretty big sale in G/S/B.  Lots of raw books from major Marvel/DC titles, a majority of which will be in nice grades.  There'll be some really neat books, around 3 short boxes worth.  The sale will be in titles lettered A-F (if I can get through more books by then, maybe through another letter or two).  Hope to see familiar faces -- and new ones -- there for the fun! :foryou:

Looks like tomorrow is a go. :wishluck:  Hoping to start around 5:00-5:30 CT. 

Somewhere in the next few days, I’ll be posting a selection of Atlas early post-code romance books, (and one Charlton late pre-code romance). Some you can find, some are census ghosts. Each book from the collection is generally in the lower grade ranges, but presents nicely. (Lower mostly on specific technical flaws than heavy general wear.)

Lots of great Vince Coletta covers here, and interiors by the usual suspects of the genre and era, plus a couple unusual ones: Coletta, Pike, Sawyer, Hartley, Ann Brewster, Tartaglione, Fred Kida, but also Colan, Heck, Toth, and Matt Baker.

Edited by Readcomix
Typo

On 11/15/2023 at 8:55 PM, GACollectibles said:

Tonight in the Copper/Modern section I will be posting a near run of Spawn #1-314 (missing thee issues), just putting the finishing touches on the post!

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0581.jpeg

Going to split this up starting with issues #201-up sometime between 8-9pm EST tonight.

Will probably get 25 done tonight, more this weekend.

On 11/17/2023 at 7:07 AM, Readcomix said:

Somewhere in the next few days, I’ll be posting a selection of Atlas early post-code romance books, (and one Charlton late pre-code romance). Some you can find, some are census ghosts. Each book from the collection is generally in the lower grade ranges, but presents nicely. (Lower mostly on specific technical flaws than heavy general wear.)

Lots of great Vince Coletta covers here, and interiors by the usual suspects of the genre and era, plus a couple unusual ones: Coletta, Pike, Sawyer, Hartley, Ann Brewster, Tartaglione, Fred Kida, but also Colan, Heck, Toth, and Matt Baker.

Starting the above in the next few minutes

On 11/25/2023 at 10:47 AM, skypinkblu said:

I'll be listing 3 GA books tomorrow night around 8pm. I had planned to do some today, but like a lot of other people, I'm just a little busy. There will be a Pep, an early Batman and a Timely.

Adding a DC and I will be starting at 7:30...

:news: I will be having my 1st sale in the past 2 years in MIXED this weekend.  I feel like there will be a couple hundred books.

It'll be pretty wide ranging, mostly from Bronze, Copper, up to maybe 2015? (maybe a couple silver age, but not many)

There will be slabs, raws, keys, non-keys, rarities, minor keys, newsstands, signatures (including Stan Lee, Berni Wrightson, Joe Sinnott, John Romita Sr, and others), maybe a few trading cards, who knows what else?

Examples of the top of my head:  Xmen 221 CGC 9.8, Xmen 142 CGC 9.8, GI Joe 213 CGC 9.6 (Death of Snake Eyes),  Batman 570 (2nd Harley in DCU), Two Gun Kid 70, Image TMNT 10, CGC SS 9.8 blanks signed by Stan Lee, Wildcats 6 Newsstand, Secret Wars 1 Scottie Young Variant, Adventures of Superman 498 2nd print, just a bunch of random stuff.  

Times:  Friday 12/1 - 8:30pm Eastern, Saturday 12/2 - Midnight Eastern (after VCC closes, pls check out the VCC), Monday 12/4 - 7:30 Eastern

Note:  I didn't want to do this the same weekend as the VCC, but I really can't find any other time.  But I won't post any new books during VCC hours.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

I had planned to list a sales thread today, but I totally forgot about the VCC so I will be listing about 22 Wonder Woman GA or very early SA comics from my collection tomorrow night. Sunday...Figure 7:30 PM EST. 

and good luck on the VCC everyone...I will be shopping later. 

This weekend -- probably Friday, but possibly Saturday -- I'll be running a sale.  It'll either be remnants from my last sale at drastically reduced holiday prices, or a return of a $5/$3/$2/$1 sale in Modern AND in G/S/B.  Not sure which one it'll be, as I'm still scanning books for the latter and might not have it ready in time, where the former just needs to be reopened and prices adjusted.

Which will it be?  Do you like ambiguity? lol  Check in this weekend to find out! :foryou: