• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,915 posts in this topic

Running a small thread in mixed, highlighted by a batch of paperheart's old CA Batman books. I got them to resell several years ago, but they were so nice I just decided to drag my feet for a bit. I saw a WTB a couple years ago and sold a third of them to a boardie to fill out his run. I know everybody says this no matter what they're selling, but I'll be happy if some of them don't sell. They're abundant in convention boxes, but these are exceptional, many don't even have production flaws. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

I’m at least a week out from doing this as there’s pictures to be taken, but… Some of you may have seen my posts (and a couple of sales, though I have kept most of them) of the Joe Sinnott file copies of the 50’s Atlas books he worked on. Most were high-grade as he got them from the lobby rack at the Atlas offices when he went down for assignments.

I didn’t even realize it but Joe also worked on Archie titles from 1969-1974. These copies from Joe’s files are lower grade as he was not given any; he bought them (often from Mile High) in affordable grades as back issues to complete his personal archive. I was given the opportunity to obtain them, and the OK to disseminate them.

There are 45 books that he worked on, and he signed the vast majority (though he missed on 5 books, and I am keeping 2 of the 5 unsigned books as these are the drug story from Pals n Gals #71-72, and they are upgrades for me.) as he signed the Atlas books, on the margin of the splash of each story he worked on. (Between 1-3 stories per book, so there are between 1-3 Joe Sinnott sigs in each). There are also notes on the bags or boards, and paper slips in many of the books marking the stories. I will keep a few and share the rest as-is - in Joe’s bags and boards with his notes and paper bookmarks — on the boards. 

I assume that most folks who will be interested will want maybe a couple at most, so anyone who wants to wait through my next, subsequent sales thread after this one for their shipments, to maximize shipping, will be welcome to do so. I will keep a few but offer most, rather than horde them. I knew Joe for maybe 30 years and interviewed him a couple times, and I’m sure he’d want them in fans’ hands. Here’s a sample pic:

IMG_9335.jpeg

Should be having another CGC sale with 17 books in the next couple days..

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #52  9.4  
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #67  7.5 
BLACKHAWK #31  
CONAN #4  8.5  
FOREVER PEOPLE #1  9.2  (LIGHT DUST SHADOW KEEPS IT FROM HIGHER 
G.I. COMBAT #131  7.0  
IRON MAN #3  9.4 
JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #36  
MARVEL FEATURE #1  8.0  $
MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS #90  
MARS PATROL TOTAL WAR #10  8.5 
MONSTERS ON THE PROWL #16  8.0  
REAL CLUE CRIME STORIES V2 #11  6.0  
STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES #139  8.5 
SUB-MARINER #50  9.2  
THOR #183  DOUBLE COVER  9.4 
TOMAHAWK #126  7.0

Coming -- appropriately -- in a little less than 2 weeks on Friday the 13th will be my first Halloween-themed Spectacular! (Spooktacular?).  I'm going to have in the ballpark of 150-200 books and magazines that will scare you silly -- ranging from House of Mystery and House of Secrets, to Ghost Rider and Tomb of Dracula, to Dracula magazines, some Marvel reprint titles, and some other surprises (maybe even a key or two!).

I've started pulling/grading/pricing books now, with scanning to come next weekend likely.  I might start the sale earlier if I'm able to, but that Friday the 13th will be the target date.  A lot of the books will be higher-graded material as well.  Hope to see familiar faces -- and new ones -- there for the sale! :foryou:

On 10/1/2023 at 7:37 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Coming -- appropriately -- in a little less than 2 weeks on Friday the 13th will be my first Halloween-themed Spectacular! (Spooktacular?).  I'm going to have in the ballpark of 150-200 books and magazines that will scare you silly -- ranging from House of Mystery and House of Secrets, to Ghost Rider and Tomb of Dracula, to Dracula magazines, some Marvel reprint titles, and some other surprises (maybe even a key or two!).

I've started pulling/grading/pricing books now, with scanning to come next weekend likely.  I might start the sale earlier if I'm able to, but that Friday the 13th will be the target date.  A lot of the books will be higher-graded material as well.  Hope to see familiar faces -- and new ones -- there for the sale! :foryou:

Yeeeeeeeep!

Getting ready to open my Variety Thread up again, with discounts and new additions. This is not junk clearance, very nice material will be offered across all ages and stuff. This thread will be in the MIXED FORUM....GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

On 10/3/2023 at 2:15 AM, jimjum12 said:

Getting ready to open my Variety Thread up again, with discounts and new additions. This is not junk clearance, very nice material will be offered across all ages and stuff. GOD BLESS...

Oh goodness. I'm thinking about opening treasure chest as well ASAP. 

On 10/1/2023 at 6:37 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Change of date -- I'm ahead of schedule, so the sale will be starting THIS Friday, October 6 around 5-6 PM CT.  :banana:

A quick preview of some of the goodies to come in the thread ...  We'll see you there! 

20231004_115030 (1).jpg

On 10/1/2023 at 8:28 PM, Azkaban said:

Okay guys I'm going to start up a new thread in Mixed planning on starting this Saturday. As most of you know I was selling Don's collection for his wife which I finally got thru now his brother has passed and Jimmy's wife has asked me to do the same for her.  So starting Saturday at 8:00 eastern 7:00 central planned for now if the time changes I'll let you know then I'll get the show on the road and will try to go thru about a box every Saturday and will invoice about every 4 weeks or so. She is older and doesn't have paypal like Don's wife did and I don't have paypal so it will be checks or MO, yeah I know I'm old:preach:  oh I did have my daughter come over and set me up a paypal account that I can begrudgingly use if needed lol  hope to see you guys (thumbsu don't want to leave anyone out sorry if I did

@BuscemasAvengers @crassus @Mr Sneeze @Toz @Comics4All @smithdatura @Kree8ev1 @Batarag @habsfan1 @PreHero @echu @bentbryan @Pitboss @Djohnson321 @hatrik777 @lizards2 @SkOw @skypinkblu @steveinthecity @wormboy @JollyComics @comicsyte95 @sassemble @BorderlineHoarder @fastballspecial @SpudsOnAHalfShell @musicmeta @aleiggi13 @comicguy77002 @50 Fiddy @crimson dynamo @TrayKnight @Weaponddd @Jginsberg79 @Skylath @Knightkk @whine49er1 @mbatko_8 @Stinkowhiff @kairos70 @lonetree @p-kay14 @LazoFoundation @RedGiant @JazzMan @aardvark88 @pabstbluerobot @cosmic_surfer @podochigae @speedcake @damJadler @The Comic Source @WoWitHurts @Ant-Man @ElrodAllWrong @realitytrip @bb8 @FlyingDonut @electricprune @laurente @loboagain @Gsims718 @Morganmi @JV73 @bubbagump @wohde99 @ImageMask @Cephusdog @stippy52 @JRBaxter @Muno42 @Jeffro. @Unstoppablejayd @Comicshows @wombat @Stevemmg @Funnybooks @BoogieWoogie @djpinkpanther67 @dhgladiator @Chaz G. @dza510 @bikesnbuses @AJLewandoski @EmilC @Randall Dowling @CDaBruce @DocSaum @davet75 @Gruson @habsfan1 @Hongalez  @universal soldier @scrape1 @Arcade @bobpfef @Susanville @bjk26 @pacino408 @SargenticusV @zoso99 @surfcitycomics @Haupia @jimjum12 @Gman65NJ @nebyort @Mmanick @gunsmokin @onlyweaknesskryptonite @chevalmeow @AmazingComics413 @Ryanmassacre @Dale Roberts @Chalwa @Miket123 @pmWolf @freefall2all @MattTheDuck @HighRadArt @Mr. Lodge @TTony @MR. Pontoon @Amazing Spidey @gibsguysap @KCOComics @Bob Sacamano @Uatu @followtheleader @rube11 @Macedoniagreece @Designer Toast @Cman429 @Loug2 @Shark @srezvan @TomHamilton @jayhawker @Ryan. @mstrange @ernster @Razorback @Electron @rdp collectibles @jimhopkins82 @alecholland @Perpendiculous @Sandflea @Kramerica @MattTheDuck @ Pontoon @Raze @HighStakesComics @DavidTheDavid @Black Bat @Jesse-Lee @pabstbluerobot

as of now still on schedule for tomorrow night 8 eastern 7 central 

On 10/1/2023 at 8:28 PM, Azkaban said:

Okay guys I'm going to start up a new thread in Mixed planning on starting this Saturday. As most of you know I was selling Don's collection for his wife which I finally got thru now his brother has passed and Jimmy's wife has asked me to do the same for her.  So starting Saturday at 8:00 eastern 7:00 central planned for now if the time changes I'll let you know then I'll get the show on the road and will try to go thru about a box every Saturday and will invoice about every 4 weeks or so. She is older and doesn't have paypal like Don's wife did and I don't have paypal so it will be checks or MO, yeah I know I'm old:preach:  hope to see you guys (thumbsu don't want to leave anyone out sorry if I did

@BuscemasAvengers @crassus @Mr Sneeze @Toz @Comics4All @smithdatura @Kree8ev1 @Batarag @habsfan1 @PreHero @echu @bentbryan @Pitboss @Djohnson321 @hatrik777 @lizards2 @SkOw @skypinkblu @steveinthecity @wormboy @JollyComics @comicsyte95 @sassemble @BorderlineHoarder @fastballspecial @SpudsOnAHalfShell @musicmeta @aleiggi13 @comicguy77002 @50 Fiddy @crimson dynamo @TrayKnight @Weaponddd @Jginsberg79 @Skylath @Knightkk @whine49er1 @mbatko_8 @Stinkowhiff @kairos70 @lonetree @p-kay14 @LazoFoundation @RedGiant @JazzMan @aardvark88 @pabstbluerobot @cosmic_surfer @podochigae @speedcake @damJadler @The Comic Source @WoWitHurts @Ant-Man @ElrodAllWrong @realitytrip @bb8 @FlyingDonut @electricprune @laurente @loboagain @Gsims718 @Morganmi @JV73 @bubbagump @wohde99 @ImageMask @Cephusdog @stippy52 @JRBaxter @Muno42 @Jeffro. @Unstoppablejayd @Comicshows @wombat @Stevemmg @Funnybooks @BoogieWoogie @djpinkpanther67 @dhgladiator @Chaz G. @dza510 @bikesnbuses @AJLewandoski @EmilC @Randall Dowling @CDaBruce @DocSaum @davet75 @Gruson @habsfan1 @Hongalez  @universal soldier @scrape1 @Arcade @bobpfef @Susanville @bjk26 @pacino408 @SargenticusV @zoso99 @surfcitycomics @Haupia @jimjum12 @Gman65NJ @nebyort @Mmanick @gunsmokin @onlyweaknesskryptonite @chevalmeow @AmazingComics413 @Ryanmassacre @Dale Roberts @Chalwa @Miket123 @pmWolf @freefall2all @MattTheDuck @HighRadArt @Mr. Lodge @TTony @MR. Pontoon @Amazing Spidey @gibsguysap @KCOComics @Bob Sacamano @Uatu @followtheleader @rube11 @Macedoniagreece @Designer Toast @Cman429 @Loug2 @Shark @srezvan @TomHamilton @jayhawker @Ryan. @mstrange @ernster @Razorback @Electron @rdp collectibles @jimhopkins82 @alecholland @Perpendiculous @Sandflea @Kramerica @MattTheDuck @ Pontoon @Raze @HighStakesComics @DavidTheDavid @Black Bat @Jesse-Lee @pabstbluerobot

starting back in little under an hour and I finally set up a paypal account so that is doable if need be :preach: