• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,915 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2023 at 12:53 PM, Dale Roberts said:

I've had a lot of people asking me about this, but I've been a little busy over the past couple of months, as I have opened a store with a couple of guys. But, I still plan on running my annual Dale Roberts Comics Holiday thread!

My hope is to start listing books early next week and I will continue on and off through the end of the year and wrapping up in early January! I'll post some preview pics in a couple of days and give a definite start date. 

tag

On 12/10/2023 at 12:53 PM, Dale Roberts said:

I've had a lot of people asking me about this, but I've been a little busy over the past couple of months, as I have opened a store with a couple of guys. But, I still plan on running my annual Dale Roberts Comics Holiday thread!

My hope is to start listing books early next week and I will continue on and off through the end of the year and wrapping up in early January! I'll post some preview pics in a couple of days and give a definite start date. 

:whee:

I was wondering about this over the weekend and just checked this thread to see if there were any updates from you. Looking forward to the chaos.

On 12/20/2023 at 10:06 AM, Dale Roberts said:

Planning on starting it right after Christmas on the 26th. A little more compressed than in years past, but still lots of good stuff. I've set aside about 3 boxes of stuff throughout this year specifically for the thread and I've just started scanning and grading. I'm also still pulling some extra stuff for the thread from my regular inventory.

I've got a new collection of really spectacular original owner DCs, and I've got to decide how much of that will be in the thread. Its about 4 long boxes total, so some of it will definitely be included.

I've also got a bunch of bronze age books from an original owner collection out of the mountains of Arizona which I had set aside to send to CGC, but haven't ever gotten processed that I am going to offer in the thread. 

I appreciate this Dale. I look forward to these sales threads all year and I've added some really spectacular books to my collection thanks to you. 

Time to text my wife and tell her to forget about the kids Christmas presents!! We need to save for Dale! 

On 12/20/2023 at 10:06 AM, Dale Roberts said:

Planning on starting it right after Christmas on the 26th. A little more compressed than in years past, but still lots of good stuff. I've set aside about 3 boxes of stuff throughout this year specifically for the thread and I've just started scanning and grading. I'm also still pulling some extra stuff for the thread from my regular inventory.

I've got a new collection of really spectacular original owner DCs, and I've got to decide how much of that will be in the thread. Its about 4 long boxes total, so some of it will definitely be included.

I've also got a bunch of bronze age books from an original owner collection out of the mountains of Arizona which I had set aside to send to CGC, but haven't ever gotten processed that I am going to offer in the thread. 

On 12/20/2023 at 10:13 AM, KCOComics said:

I appreciate this Dale. I look forward to these sales threads all year and I've added some really spectacular books to my collection thanks to you. 

Time to text my wife and tell her to forget about the kids Christmas presents!! We need to save for Dale! 

lol those threads and books are always great. Looking forward to it! 

f5.jpg.208f4465d53d855b681694cbf73a83eb.jpg

On 12/20/2023 at 8:26 AM, universal soldier said:

lol those threads and books are always great. Looking forward to it! 

f5.jpg.208f4465d53d855b681694cbf73a83eb.jpg

In general, I feel like there's been a pull back on books selling quickly this past few months.  Hopefully, I'll have a chance at a couple of books this time...

On 12/20/2023 at 9:47 PM, Azkaban said:

should be back at it Saturday night over in the mixed section should have some Avengers, X-Men and some poopy DC comics lol just kidding :baiting:

@BuscemasAvengers @crassus @Mr Sneeze @Toz @Comics4All @smithdatura @Kree8ev1 @Batarag @habsfan1 @PreHero @echu @bentbryan @Pitboss @Djohnson321 @hatrik777 @lizards2 @SkOw @skypinkblu @steveinthecity @wormboy @JollyComics @comicsyte95 @sassemble @BorderlineHoarder @fastballspecial @SpudsOnAHalfShell @musicmeta @aleiggi13 @comicguy77002 @50 Fiddy @crimson dynamo @TrayKnight @Weaponddd @Jginsberg79 @Skylath @Knightkk @whine49er1 @mbatko_8 @Stinkowhiff @kairos70 @lonetree @p-kay14 @LazoFoundation @RedGiant @JazzMan @aardvark88 @pabstbluerobot @cosmic_surfer @podochigae @speedcake @damJadler @The Comic Source @WoWitHurts @Ant-Man @ElrodAllWrong @realitytrip @bb8 @FlyingDonut @electricprune @laurente @loboagain @Gsims718 @Morganmi @JV73 @bubbagump @wohde99 @ImageMask @Cephusdog @stippy52 @JRBaxter @Muno42 @Jeffro. @Unstoppablejayd @Comicshows @wombat @Stevemmg @Funnybooks @BoogieWoogie @djpinkpanther67 @dhgladiator @Chaz G. @dza510 @bikesnbuses @AJLewandoski @EmilC @Randall Dowling @CDaBruce @DocSaum @davet75 @Gruson @habsfan1 @Hongalez  @universal soldier @scrape1 @Arcade @bobpfef @Susanville @bjk26 @pacino408 @SargenticusV @zoso99 @surfcitycomics @Haupia @jimjum12 @Gman65NJ @nebyort @Mmanick @gunsmokin @onlyweaknesskryptonite @chevalmeow @AmazingComics413 @Ryanmassacre @Dale Roberts @Chalwa @Miket123 @pmWolf @freefall2all @MattTheDuck @HighRadArt @Mr. Lodge @TTony @MR. Pontoon @Amazing Spidey @gibsguysap @KCOComics @Bob Sacamano @Uatu @followtheleader @rube11 @Macedoniagreece @Designer Toast @Cman429 @Loug2 @Shark @srezvan @TomHamilton @jayhawker @Ryan. @mstrange @ernster @Razorback @Electron @rdp collectibles @jimhopkins82 @alecholland @Perpendiculous @Sandflea @Kramerica @MattTheDuck @ Pontoon @Raze @HighStakesComics @DavidTheDavid @Black Bat @Jesse-Lee @pabstbluerobot@D84 @DJDemarco @ironman4000 @whomerjay @Oceanmills @Comical Situations

img702.jpg

img760.jpg

img778.jpg

img893.jpg

img895.jpg

Make sure your computer is fixed.

On 12/25/2023 at 6:12 PM, Dale Roberts said:

OK guys and gals. Just finished pulling books for the first session, so I will probably need most of the day to scan tomorrow.

Lets figure on starting at 7:30 PM CST on Dec. 26th.

There will be lots and lots of nice books. Keys, high grades, original owner books, some Golden Age, lots of Silver and Bronze and all of it at really good prices. I'll try to post a preview pic tomorrow afternoon sometime. 

What? No pictures wet our appetites?:popcorn:

Edited by gunsmokin

On 12/25/2023 at 7:12 PM, Dale Roberts said:

OK guys and gals. Just finished pulling books for the first session, so I will probably need most of the day to scan tomorrow.

Lets figure on starting at 7:30 PM CST on Dec. 26th.

There will be lots and lots of nice books. Keys, high grades, original owner books, some Golden Age, lots of Silver and Bronze and all of it at really good prices. I'll try to post a preview pic tomorrow afternoon sometime. 

Looking forward to it as per usual.  

Enjoy these threads immensely every year