• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,914 posts in this topic

Lucky One by Allison Krauss and Union Station

If you have eclectic tastes but have never sampled her music I would ask you to check this video out and some of the others. I would highly recommend you check out her recent collaboration with Robert Plant. Amazing stuff. She has the voice of an angel.

I've been a fan for years :cloud9: ever since I bought

Every Time You Say Goodbye in 1992

The master of the understated

and like you said - the voice of an angel. I've seen her twice - FANTASTIC performances both times - first with the old band (Andy Steffey) and then with Jerry Douglas (the Dobro GOD)

She never fails to amaze me... and the new stuff with Robert Plant is awesome

I have some really nice (probably 9.8's or better) issues of "Gun Fury", issues 1 thru 5 by Aircel.

Also, issues 1, 2, 4 and 4 again of "Body Count" by Aircel. (might have the 3 and 5 but haven't found them yet).

Also several issues of "Beautiful Stories for Ugly Children" starting with issue #1 and running for ten or so (I don't have all of them in front of me now). By Piranha Press.

All of the above are at least a 9.8 guaranteed (is that possible to guarantee). Yes. Or you get your money back, including slabbing fees and shipping charges everywhere.

I am having a heck of a time with PhotoBucket lately but can and will scan and post if someone is truly interested. Too much trouble if there is no interest.

Thanks.

With that guarantee I would buy the BSFUC books. Except there's no price... :)

Similar tactics from Metro.

List books without prices, see how much interest there is and then price them accordingly doh!

You're wrong nik. I am just trying to get all of the issues together (not sure how many I have yet and might have duplicates) and post scans so informed decisions can be made. The prices will be more than fair.

You see. I don't care about money. I just want to find good homes for them.................Okay, I care a little, but not much.

I have received a couple of PM's inquiring about them and interest seems to be because of the guarantee I made. Heck. I expect to lose money on this but it is fun making a guarantee like that. If I sell them for 5 bucks a piece and have to buy them back for 35 bucks a piece, the fun will be worth it.

I don't blame ya'll for being cynical, but in this case, you don't have to be. I send books to members here for free quite often. Ask around.

I will get my act together as soon as I can. Darn PhotoBucket. Is there another site comparable that I could join and use?

I just went through about twenty long boxes and located only the following BSFUC issues. 1,3,4,5,6 and 13. It would surprise me if I don't have #2 here, but it is possible that this is all I have. I still have to go through many more boxes. I have been trying to fix my photobucket problem and am at a loss.

Anyway. "Moloch" PM'd me and wants to purchase them without scans, so I am going to offer them to him first. If he declines, I will put them up on here, come hell or high water.

While I was going through the boxes I decided to pull out modern and bronze tidbits to sell on here. Most will grade out at 9.4 or better. I will make a list with prices and hopefully will solve this pic problem if anyone is interested. They are all duplicates (I usually have three of each on hand) but I will only be selling one of each I think. There is about a short box full so it will take me awhile to put together the list. Lots of Atlas, Impact, DC and Marvel. Some you have never heard of and some you might have multiple copies of already. Just the usual drivel but all in excellent condition I think.

Again, anyway. moloch, If you want these BSFUC's, they will cost you 20 bucks plus postage. If they do not get a 9.8 from CGC, I'll buy them back like I stated in the initial posting. I am sure that you will be pleased. If I find #2 or any others, I will include it or send it to you later at my expense, no charge.

SPOON, I wish I could post some pics. No other sites ya'll use for your pics here?

Have to leave for a Texas Hold'em game shortly.

I'll be starting an ALL CGC sales thread this evening and continuing it through the weekend. I just received the first box of comics back from CGC today and should have another 2 boxes arrive either tomorrow or Saturday.

Tonight I'll be starting out with some Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8's, a Spider-Man Platinum #1, a Wolverine Limited Series #3, Wolverine #10, a couple of sweet Batman issues and a New Teen Titans #2.

Still have to scan 'em so it'll be an hour or 2 before I start. Up tomorrow/this weekend will be a bunch of Amazing Spider-Man and key X-Men issues.

Shark