• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
24 24

9,315 posts in this topic

I have no plans to jump into the pulp collecting arena, but I sure enjoying looking at them

If Parker or Evans started collecting them you might change your tune :baiting:

(thank God for small miracles)

nope, not a chance...ever ERB I still have no desire to collect lol

Hey I was just thinking, if you "pulpies" keep posting all these incredible pulp covers you might wear Rick down into collecting pulps!!! hm

That would leave a lot more Centaurs available for the rest of us!!! lol

I see you already got Socrates in your grasp (more DC's for all), now just keep on tempting Rick and this could be a banner year!!! :applause:

I have no plans to jump into the pulp collecting arena, but I sure enjoying looking at them

Hey I was just thinking, if you "pulpies" keep posting all these incredible pulp covers you might wear Rick down into collecting pulps!!! hm

I see you already got Socrates in your grasp (more DC's for all), now just keep on tempting Rick and this could be a banner year!!! :applause:

lol

A few new Shadows (30 in all) that I picked up from the "Strasser" collection.

All are virtually unread, have off-white to white paper, and are now in my personal collection!

DeathJewelsStrasser.jpg

"Death Jewels" August 1, 1938

riverofdeathaa.jpg

"River of Death" March 1st, 1939

TheGreenHoodsStrasser.jpg

'The Green Hoods" August 15, 1938

GoldenVulture5202KB.jpg

"The Golden Vulture" July 15, 1938

SmugglersofDeathStrasser.jpg

"Smugglers of Death" June 1, 1939

TheLoneTigerStrasser.jpg

"The Lone Tiger" Feb. 15, 1939 ....The only Shadow pulp that shows The Shadow and all of his agents on the cover....(I guess we know where All Star #3 stole its cover from).

Dwight

306 531-2211

Edited by detective35DF

lol

oh, they are fun to look at and enjoy, but even the grail of pulps does not "move me" to collect them (though I do appreciate them)...

that said, on any given day, you just never know what I will find appealing (thumbs u

Those are beautiful. I love the Shadow.

A few new Shadows (30 in all) that I picked up from the "Strasser" collection.

All are virtually unread, have off-white to white paper, and are now in my personal collection!

DeathJewelsStrasser.jpg

"Death Jewels" August 1, 1938

riverofdeathaa.jpg

"River of Death" March 1st, 1939

TheGreenHoodsStrasser.jpg

'The Green Hoods" August 15, 1938

GoldenVulture5202KB.jpg

"The Golden Vulture" July 15, 1938

SmugglersofDeathStrasser.jpg

"Smugglers of Death" June 1, 1939

TheLoneTigerStrasser.jpg

"The Lone Tiger" Feb. 15, 1939 ....The only Shadow pulp that shows The Shadow and all of his agents on the cover....(I guess we know where All Star #3 stole its cover from).

Dwight

306 531-2211

TheLoneTigerStrasser.jpg

Fantastic copies as always. The All Star # 3 reference is awesome. I had never heard this being pointed out before. Is it widely known / recognized by comic collectors and I just didn't know?

Hi,

Another Shadow pulp from the Strasser collection I just acquired for my own personal collection.

The Classic covered "House of Silence", from July 15. 1937

HouseSilence1.jpg

Dwight

Dwight, your collection is just amazing! (worship)

Those are phenomenal! Thanks for posting them! I have started to become more interested in pulps, but I have yet to take the plunge in buying any. When I do so, I plan to buy issues of The Shadow, Astonishing, and anything with damsel in distress or otherwise skantily clad. This will give me lots of different ones to choose from! I bought the Bookery guide today at the Gem City Comic Con in Dayton so I can get a little better educated about them.

Thanks Alan,

Here is a couple of Classic Shadow covers from 1933 (in my personal collection).

MurderTrail1.jpg

The Shadow - "Murder Trail" March 15, 1933

SilentDeath1.jpg

The Shadow - "Silent Death" April 1, 1933

Again, if anyone has or comes up with any high grade Shadow pulps, I will pay top dollar!

CONGRATS Theagenes!!!! Its a wonderful pulp, and really rare. Great in any grade!!

(worship)

Thanks Ryan! I've been looking for a decent one for long time. I almost bid on the back cover missing, brittle one on HA a while back. Glad I was patient. :)