• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold Key
2 2

501 posts in this topic

Great! What a way to learn to read with such stilted title and tagline:

"Queen La directs savage vengeance against Tarzan as he is trapped in the secret vaults of Opar"

even though I'll concede that it sounds like a bang-up story.

Why do you think in a mysterious and wondrous tongue speak I now?

Actually, the grammar seems okay to me. (shrug)

Grammatically correct and pleasant to the ear are two different concepts. (thumbs u

Why do I suspect that you prefer, "POUNDING HOOFS! LETHAL HORNS! HONKER STAMPEDE!"?

Jack

(especially the part about the honkers)

Great stuff! I am working on a Munsters run, but low grade.

Here is a link to 1961

Where Turok is outselling Detective, Flash, JLA etc.

And Tarzan is even higher. That's really amazing stuff, I genuinely had no idea that the Dell/GK titles were such big sellers.

I am guessing out of the gate Dr. Solar & magnus were not big sellers, as the early issues can really be a bit trickier to find.

Never thought the early issues of Dr. Solar were hard to find, even in grade. Early issues of Magnus are tough, even if grade is not an issue, except for #2.

Great stuff! I am working on a Munsters run, but low grade.

Here is a link to 1961

Where Turok is outselling Detective, Flash, JLA etc.

And Tarzan is even higher. That's really amazing stuff, I genuinely had no idea that the Dell/GK titles were such big sellers.

Not to digress, but I found it interesting that Stan was able to hold off on providing circulation figues on ASM, FF, DD, and Avengers until 1966. It was also interesting how Batman DOUBLED in 1966 with the show out. We watched it twice a week when I was a kid :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This thread needs a bump. I seem recall being a bit hesitant to buy these comics as a kid.

They were not Marvel, nor DC, and the dialouge seemed to be typewritten and oversized. hm

However those painted covers really stood out. :grin:

#33 April 1969

SFR_33.jpg

#16 March 1967

Korak_16.jpg

Did somebody mention Gold Key?

Here then are scans of some of mine:

1 Northland copy

17-05-201183701PM.jpg

17-05-201183708PM.jpg

17-05-201183716PM.jpg

18-05-2011110350PM.jpg

6 Northland copy

17-05-201183720PM.jpg

18-05-2011110249PM.jpg

I thought I had completed my run of Doctor Solar comics in VF/NM condition or better until I took out my stack a few months ago and discovered a white paint smear on the bottom left of issue #3 that I must have overlooked previously thinking it was just part of the swirl of colours in the background!

:mad:

Edited by Hepcat