• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold Key
2 2

501 posts in this topic

More Wally Wood interiors.

Always a good thing! (thumbs u

Wow, this thread has eluded me until now. Some great, great stuff. I love GK books. It's a shame they don't get the love that Marvels and DCs do.

Here's a few of mine

SFR_23.jpg

Menace from Uranus? Hemorroids? Explosive Diarrhea?

And this thread has gone 8 pages without a copy of this book being posted? Wtf is up with that? :sumo:

JQ_1CGC.jpg

Nightmare book to find!!!! SuuuuhWheeeeeeet!!! (worship)

Would you folks mind if I interrupted the pictures to ask: which Gold Key titles do you recommend for reading?

So far 've been leaning toward checking out the Adventure stuff: Magnus, Turok, Korak, Space Family Robinson, Mighty Samson, also Boris Karloff, Twilight Zone, Ripley's, Dagar and The Occult Files of Doctor Spektor.

The covers are great, and I already appreciate Manning, Santos and Spiegle, but if I don't have nostalgia for these comics, does the writing hold up? (That makes me sound snobby, really, I'm just looking for fun stories!)

BTW: I'm not against picking up one of the Dark Horse hardcover reprints, if it will be easier on the wallet.

Thanks!

My faves are probably Karloff and Turok, but they’re all fun reads. If you’re the type of person who thinks SA Marvels are unreadable and prefer Moderns, you may find them a bit creaky.