• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold Key
2 2

501 posts in this topic

I thought I would work in a Halloween cover? Tis another rag-tag survivor of the comics I've owned since I was a youth. :eek:

NSLUG_190.jpg

Cool! I never even realized that title had survived to the Silver Age! I'm more a fan of Nancy's aunt Fritzi Ritz though than I am of Nancy:

Afritzi.gif

If you like the Rocky Gold Keys, you might like these as well:

30-10-2011104342PM.jpg

30-10-2011104346PM.jpg

30-10-2011104349PM.jpg

:popcorn:

I can see why you might be a fan of Nancy aunt Fritzi Ritz. :cloud9: If I recall, Nancy and Sluggo # 190 is about 2nd or 3rd from the end of the entire run. I have one issue of the Sparkler, an early example of the Nancy & Sluggo phenomenon. I will have to post in a G.A. thread at some point.

Great Terry Toons books, epecially the "Summer cruise" issue. :headbang:

Yeah, it was. I enjoyed the first 2 seasons, but lost interest by the 3rd. The 3rd season wasn't that funny, and what humor there was seemed forced.

I also remember enjoying My Favorite Martain. The TV show that really faded fast for me was "Land of the Giants". zzz

On the other hand they pulled the plug too quickly on "The Time Tunnel". rantrant

JCOM_1.jpg

JCOM_3.jpg

Gold Key had quite a few series I'm learning..

In 1962 Western Publishing dropped it's partnership with Dell Comics & launched

Gold Key as it's own brand of comics.

The Beagle Boys had their own title for 47 issues. This series ran from 1964 to 1979. This was followed by a second stint of 12 issues in 1979 and 1980, also by Gold Key.

BEAGL_1.jpg

BEAGL_5.jpg

Here's a couple of scans from a title based upon a much beloved TV series:

13-11-2011125909PM.jpg

13-11-2011125915PM.jpg

:cool:

Hepcat,

Those are some neat comics, of a great TV show. I never could decide if I liked The Munsters or the Adams family best. :headbang:

I have a few Dr. Solar's.

DRSOL_23.jpg

My copy of of Malloys book arrived. Great book, but absolutely minimal text as you mentioned. I now have the Scarponi book on order. :popcorn:

DRSOL_3.jpg

Fantastic copies. :cloud9: I was impressed by those Captain Ventures also. I had not heard of that title before. :applause:

A couple more Space Family Robinsons.

SFR_11.jpg

# 20

SFR_20.jpg

Space Family Robinson was another title with great painted covers!

:cool: