• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And the internet bidding ends for Heritage

221 posts in this topic

What is insane to me is the 19.5% buyer's premium. I can see it being worthwhile on GA or "Highest Graded" books, but I just can't justify paying that high of a premium on pulps and SA/BA books that I know I will be able to pick up sooner or later elsehwere for a better price. Looking at the Weird Tales pulp auctions, there are a few reasonably priced lots right now but when I add the BP to them it does not make sense.

What is insane to me is the 19.5% buyer's premium. I can see it being worthwhile on GA or "Highest Graded" books, but I just can't justify paying that high of a premium on pulps and SA/BA books that I know I will be able to pick up sooner or later elsehwere for a better price. Looking at the Weird Tales pulp auctions, there are a few reasonably priced lots right now but when I add the BP to them it does not make sense.

Im still high bidder on one Weird Tales pulp :)

Kind of like an ashcan, the appeal of the Double Action is a bit limited. It's super, super cool, no question, but it's tough to drop $16.7k on a book for which there's not a guaranteed liquid resale market.

That all said, I was the underbidder. But based on the vague sense of relief I'm feeling now, I think it was good that I was outbid. Normally when I win things I'm 100% happy, not slightly torn.

Kind of like an ashcan, the appeal of the Double Action is a bit limited. It's super, super cool, no question, but it's tough to drop $16.7k on a book for which there's not a guaranteed liquid resale market.

That all said, I was the underbidder. But based on the vague sense of relief I'm feeling now, I think it was good that I was outbid. Normally when I win things I'm 100% happy, not slightly torn.

:hi:

..struck out on the Fantastic Comics #1. Beautiful copy but just couldn't bid any higher... :sorry:

GE

if it makes you feel any better, I sold my 6.0 for $1250? recently, so you were right there in the ball park...