• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moon Knight Rules!!!!
1 1

599 posts in this topic

What are the grades of your raw WBN #32s?

Unfortunately, the highest is probably in the 6.0 range... You can see a scan of the signed one on the "spare a grade" forum here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4207805#Post4207805

One is slightly better than that one and one is slightly worse.

edit:

I purchased them all in 1997 or earlier and have been mostly out of collecting for the last decade. I'm blow away at how much WBN 32 has increased in value; I think I purchased all 3 for under $30 total.

Edited by sl4ppy

I have two copies of #1. Neither is Pence version but for my collection for that age of books I don't care if I have a u.s., u.k. or canada version.

Of the two I do have they both have different price tags and are both 50 cent and don't know what the difference is suppose to specify.

So awesome to stumble across as avid of a Moon Knight fan as myself. You've got quite a collection going. I may have you on shear volume of copies (I'm approaching 5 complete runs of each of the series and almost 10 copies of WWBN 32 along with a full run of WWBN), but you far surpass me on random appearances, etc.

Anyway, the difference in the price markings you mention are direct sale versus news stand. IIRC the diamond is the direct sale version (comic shops, etc) and the other is the regular news stand.

Anyway, awesome work! I'm now going to use your list of appearances to complete my collection as well! Moon Knight is essentially all I collect for the same reason you seem too. Thanks for the inspiration!

edit: I'm always on the look out for original MK art, especially from the BillS days. PLEASE drop me a line if you see any!... Also, I started collecting LONG before the CGC ever existed. Whats the best/easiest way to get some of my MK books graded?

edit2: You would probably appreciate this MK original art. I've been trying to get the owner to part with it for a while now.. :(

The image itself is too big to show here: Moon Knight Original Cover art

Hi and welcome to the boards.

If you are looking for original art try making a thread in the want to buy section of this site. I am sure someone would probably be able to help you out.

As for grading I do it thru a friend to CGC or I buy them already CGC graded. I only got ones I felt where keys of the collection graded this way. Rest are raw.

That piece looks nice without the colouring that you linked.

As for my lists it takes both I have linked to compile the list and there is some unconfirmed and such. If you can confirm any of the unconfrimed ones as you get them let me know.

:)

Do you have the pence version of WWBN 37 or has JC soured you on this issue? (sorry, but I only read the first 5 and last 2 pages of this thread, too much in between!). His Defenders appearances should be easy enough to complete except perhaps in 9.8.

I don't go out of my way to collect pence copies. It just happens that some of my books are.

As for 37 I have a raw and a cgc 9.0 double cover so have what I need of that book.

For the Defendors, I have 48, 49, 50, 51 but need the 35 cent variants while not super expensive will cost a few dollars.

I will get them eventually but I am slowing down on comics and after Shadowland: Moon Knight series and depending on what is happening I may stop buying the moderns and wait a few years to grab them out of the back issue bins and save some money. I will still be searching out the cheaper back issues though.

I have the unsigned version of the one above and passed on the signature one.

The linked book is shown in the signature series section of the boards. One of the better Moon Knight sketches I have seen, One day I will get a sketch when I run into a person that can get my idea/vision drawn onto a book along with the funds.

Here is list of upcoming books and possible books he may be in.

-----

Aug 25, 2010 - SHADOWLAND: MOON KNIGHT # 1 - $3.99

Sep 1, 2010 - SHADOWLAND # 3 - $3.99

Sep 1, 2010 - SHADOWLAND # 3 variant - $3.99

Sep 1, 2010 - SHADOWLAND # 3 variant - $3.99

Sep 22, 2010 - SHADOWLAND: MOON KNIGHT # 2 - $3.99

Sep 22, 2010 - SECRET AVENGERS # 5 $3.99

Sep 22, 2010 - SECRET AVENGERS # 5 $3.99 SHS variant

Sep 22, 2010 - SECRET AVENGERS # 5 $3.99 deodato variant

Oct 6, 2010 - INCREDIBLE HULK # 614 - $3.99

Oct 6, 2010 - INCREDIBLE HULK # 614 - $3.99 - variant might have him in it

Oct 6, 2010 - SHADOWLAND # 4 - $3.99 TBD Variant

Oct 13, 2010 - SHADOWLAND # 4 - $3.99

Oct 13, 2010 - SHADOWLAND # 4 - $3.99 TBD Variant

Oct 20, 2010 - DAREDEVIL # 511 - $3.99 - moon knight on cover

Oct 20, 2010 - DAREDEVIL # 511 variant - $3.99 - ? need to check if inside the story

Oct 27, 2010 - SECRET AVENGERS # 6 $3.99

Oct 27, 2010 - SECRET AVENGERS # 6 $3.99 - Deodato variant

Oct 27, 2010 - SECRET AVENGERS # 6 $3.99 - women of marvel variant

Oct 27, 2010 - SECRET AVENGERS # 6 $3.99 - vampire variant

Nov 17, 2010 - Shadowland #5 - $3.99

Nov 17, 2010 - Shadowland #5 - $3.99 - Tan variant

Nov 24, 2010 - SECRET AVENGERS # 7 $3.99

Nov 24, 2010 - SECRET AVENGERS # 7 $3.99 - tron variant

----

Look at all those craptacular variants lol

Shadowland: Moon Knight #1 came out today and I liked it. I liked how they had the regular artist style being used as of late for the now part and then when they went back and told stories from his childhood the art was different. Anyways was a good read in my opinion.

Reprint of Marvel Zombies for a $1 and some of the Shadowland and Secret Avengers series that he appears in.

appearances13.jpg

Marvel Zombies has Zombie Moon Knight.

Secret Avengers he is a team member.

Shadowland he is running around in the background.

He is on the cover of Incredible Hulk 614 and might be running around in it.

Daredevil 511 he is on the cover and may be inside the book.

Marvel Zombies has Zombie Moon Knight.

Secret Avengers he is a team member.

Shadowland he is running around in the background.

He is on the cover of Incredible Hulk 614 and might be running around in it.

Daredevil 511 he is on the cover and may be inside the book.

well .. lol

Back to the LCS. Hope they aren't sold out of decent copies. :)

Latest news that I have come by is that Moon Knight will be revamped once again in 2011 and Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev will be working on this project.

That is when I will be picking up my subscription again other then a few other appearances but I have cancelled all my subscriptions since getting tired of all the variants and 2nd, 3rd and 4th printings which sometimes even include variants of those. In my opinion Marvel is out of hand with variants and I had had enough that I will be searching out copper age back issues for Moon Knight apperances and GI Joe. I will just wait a few years until these new modern issues are in the $1 bins or can find set deals.

I will continue to update my personal linked lists.

-Moon Knight: Shadowland #3

-Shadowland #4 (note: Moon Knight is not in this but he is in the others so just a completer to the story)

-Secret Avengers #6 (seen on a tv screen)

-Incredible hulk #614 (shown on cover only)

-Daredevil #511 (shown on cover only, part of Shadowland story)

appearances16mk.jpg

Latest news that I have come by is that Moon Knight will be revamped once again in 2011 and Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev will be working on this project.

That is when I will be picking up my subscription again other then a few other appearances but I have cancelled all my subscriptions since getting tired of all the variants and 2nd, 3rd and 4th printings which sometimes even include variants of those. In my opinion Marvel is out of hand with variants and I had had enough that I will be searching out copper age back issues for Moon Knight apperances and GI Joe. I will just wait a few years until these new modern issues are in the $1 bins or can find set deals.

I will continue to update my personal linked lists.

:o