• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What trade are you reading right now

1,271 posts in this topic

Read the Kree/Skrull war TPB....a bit of Bronze Aginess.

I despised it but then even as a kid I could not read Roy Thomas. Nice Adams interior artwork on parts of it. I never cared much for his Avengers covers but the interiors are great.

Then read something called Ojo by Sam Kieth and a couple others. Really good, actually. An adult story about a young girl and her family and the bizarre ways she deals with the death of her mom. I usually struggle witht these slice of life comics, ala Chris Ware, but this one was very well done.

Right now I am FINALLY reading the Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams Green Lantern/Green Arrow run trades.

They live up to the hype -- especially considering what was being published at the same time.

Before that, I read the Wolf-Man trade, which made me jump on the series again.

Not Modern but right now I am reading Cap America Essentials vol. 1.

It's mostly the TOS run. I bought the Essentials when it came out probably years ago and finally am reading it now. It's been better than I thought so far. It's nice for me to come to some Marvel SA material that I've never read. It's a Kirby period that I enjoy.

well i just finished reading the first TPB of Y the last man. i thought it was completely bad a ss. I don’t think i have ever read through a TPB so fast.

I just started The Dark Knight Returns and so far it’s killer too.

So many great book and so little time.

DD visionaries #1-3. Frank Miller before superstardom went to his head. Stories are from 30 years ago and seem as fresh as if they'd come out yesterday. Certain panels were so familiar, it was as if i'd just read them for the first time a month rather than three decades ago. Brilliant, brilliant storytelling. Huge story arcs in 3 issues. Practically half the run were done in ones. My how things have changed.

Just wanted to say I'm reading the Savage Sword of Conan trades that Dark Horse has been putting together. It's taking me FOREVER though, but there are a lot of really good stories packed into those 500+ pages of each book. :)

Just picked up Cerebus and Milk & Cheese in collected forms!!

Update: Finished first 4 or 5 stories of Milk & Cheese. I dont think I ever have laughed so hard from a comic

M&C :cloud9: Gin makes a man mean!

I am just finishing the New Universal trade. Pretty good so far......

Not a trade, But I'm re-reading the CrossGen series THE PATH.

I love the art (Bart Sears/Mark Pennington) from that series. You can tell they put alot of work into the "look" of the series. Great Stuff. I haven't read any of the other titles from this now defunct Publisher (hm, maybe if I did . . . ), So I don't know the whole story behind the "sigil", but that's not needed to enjoy this title.

MNSN,

Crossgen was great.

Give Sojourn or Negation a go. I really liked Scion for quite some time too.

It was shame that it folded up. Sojourn wasn't finished and I'd love to know the ending. Not a big Sci-Fi fan, but Negation just made it fun. And the War was in mid-swing when it was cancelled. Really bummed about that not being finished.

Pat