• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

meh. not loving it.

The Spawn 222 cover is so much better.

Oh by far. I literally am having a love affair with Spawn #222 cover, I can't stop looking at it. Made it my background pic for my desktop and trying to trim it nicely for my tablet's background too.

I do love how you can see McFarlane's traits though in this #100 cover. Mainly the detail of the rips/shreds on the shredded shirt and all the lines/detail on the chest of the zombie really stands out as a "McFarlane" in my opinion. It's very reminiscent of spawn's cape in the early days. I like it.

Edited by roastedbagel

He sold the #98 cover last week for $1,750, as well as the cover to #65 (which is my first cover :cloud9: )

Jim

So far I think I like Ottley and the Adlard wrap-around the best. Not the two I would have expected before the images came out.

He sold the #98 cover last week for $1,750, as well as the cover to #65 (which is my first cover :cloud9: )

Jim

Yep - apparently I'm an evil human (to some people) for selling my walking dead covers to buy something else. :)

Edited by pkveronese

Wow...Phillip's is...different...

I have to give him credit, he definitely took a bold step and tried humanizing their faces more than I've ever seen in the comics themselves. I don't know how I'm liking Michonne's face though...

Jim

Yep - apparently I'm an evil human (to some people) for selling my walking dead covers to buy something else. :)

Maybe some wish they had a chance to buy the covers from the source. I know the 65 was available for awhile but what about 97 and 98?

Wow...Phillip's is...different...

I have to give him credit, he definitely took a bold step and tried humanizing their faces more than I've ever seen in the comics themselves. I don't know how I'm liking Michonne's face though...

It's certainly a more realistic looking version. Rick looks a little like Bo Duke from Dukes of Hazzard.

Maybe the Duke Boys and the General Lee show up in issue 100? Kirkman is from Kentucky...

Edited by pkveronese

Jim

lol I'm just making fun of the fact that 4/6 covers in the arc have been on ebay in the last 3 weeks. I'm as big a flipper as anyone.

The article goes on to say it's not Rick, but does say:

"one of the darkest moments in Rick Grimes' life, and one of the most violent and brutal things to happen within the pages of this series,"

That can't be good for Andrea or ...... maybe Carl?!? :o

Can't wait!