• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Of course no one believing is how it started in World War Z.... hm

Is that a good book worth reading? I heard somebody talking about it the other day and it sounded pretty good.

It's so good, I'll send you my copy to read (but you have to send it back :taptaptap:)

I just found out my son has it on Kindle. thanks for the offer!!

Maybe they aren't staying dead and coming back again, this time darker? Or Global Warming...

I think Sina made a comment about this in the letters page of 98 - I'll double check.

Guest Reader
Michonne looks like Linda Hamilton from The Terminator!

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Phillips

0dc11d96428df4d84ede97290f7ac.jpg

this might be my 2nd favorite. yeah, michonne isn't drawn right, but overall, i really like this.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I dig this cover the most. I like how Sean painted it the way he see's them. A different take and a welcome one.

The zombie in the foreground looks like Cassady from Preacher, maybe I think that because this looks like a Preacher cover.

Guest Reader
The zombie in the foreground looks like Cassady from Preacher, maybe I think that because this looks like a Preacher cover.

The foreground zombie is Phillips.

Maybe they aren't staying dead and coming back again, this time darker? Or Global Warming...

Climate change.....

:insane:

Well now that all 27,000 variant covers have been leaked/released, I think It's safe to say my favorite would be Adlards wraparound. I just think it gives the best perspective to the series up until now as a whole. Rick standing on a sea of dead bodies. I like it.

Phillips

0dc11d96428df4d84ede97290f7ac.jpg

this might be my 2nd favorite. yeah, michonne isn't drawn right, but overall, i really like this.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I dig this cover the most. I like how Sean painted it the way he see's them. A different take and a welcome one.

Anyone notice how Rick looks just like how Phillips painted Hellblazer...

Why not? We buy the books,.the creators make mad $ from our purchases, etc. If anyone has any right to demand something - it's us. Moore's involved in litigation with Kirkman and even if the two of them want to work together again their attorneys are going to interfere. The only way we are going to see a Moore variant is if the fans demand one from Image, Kirkman and Moore. I appreciate that artists have an ownership interest in the product they create but artists (great artists) respect their audience and respond well to requests from their fans. If Walking Dead fans voiced their desire to see a Moore variant in the near future we may actually get what we want. If I'm wrong, tell me why.

First a big hello from a fellow Esq. - I think we can all agree that Moore is a co-creator, there is no question. His artwork shaped the book to be as great as it is today.

I think because of the litigation, Moore actually wants as little to do with TWD as possible - but financially he can't - he is probably bleeding from lawyers fees, and I think every time he has a request for a zombie commission he feels a bit remorseful and a bit depressed because he did lose out on being the premier artist on (arguably) the biggest comic of the decade.

One thing I don't miss is the way Moore drew Lori...everything else was spectacular :cloud9:

I agree, not one single cover has blown me away, although I'm willing to change my position when I see them in hand.

Jim

Edited by cgcworld

The foreground zombie is Phillips.

So's Michonne. For those who feel Michonne has a bit of a manly look...here's why:

http://surebeatsworking.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/walking-dead-100-cover.html

For that matter, I'll bet Phillips modeled Rick after himself as well.

I still like this cover a lot. My second favorite after Adlard's.