• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Wow...Phillip's is...different...

I have to give him credit, he definitely took a bold step and tried humanizing their faces more than I've ever seen in the comics themselves. I don't know how I'm liking Michonne's face though...

Why? Cause Michonne looks like a dude :screwy: A bloated dude at that.

Jim

So...we have the following covers released:

Adlard, Adlard wraparound, Quitely, Ottley, McFarlane, Phillips

Remaining:

Hitch

Which do people like the most?

Which underwhelms the most?

I like Adlard's wraparound the most.

I'm most underwhelmed in McFarlane's.

Of course no one believing is how it started in World War Z.... hm

Is that a good book worth reading? I heard somebody talking about it the other day and it sounded pretty good.

Yes. Great book. (thumbs u

+1

Soon to be a movie..

2nd print of WD #33. Explain the price? Some have decided it is rare.

Any one have an opinion about the legitimacy of the high price tag on the WD 33 (2nd print/blue variant) and/or know what the print run is off the top of their head? Any insight or information is appreciated.

2nd print of WD #33. Explain the price? Some have decided it is rare.

Any one have an opinion about the legitimacy of the high price tag on the WD 33 (2nd print/blue variant) and/or know what the print run is off the top of their head? Any insight or information is appreciated.

i've had 4 different copies through the years. never thought about selling them, but got $100+ for 2 that i sold a week or so after michonne appeared on the show. but they are indeed harder to find.

I really wish we were getting a Tony Moore variant.

I'd trade all of these for that one.

:news: Click the spoiler tag to see Tony Moore Variant cover! :o

Honestly, when you click on the spoiler tag you will see a Tony Moore Walking Dead variant cover!

WARNING: The cover is a spoiler image

WalkingDead60AprilFoolsJokewitheyepatch.jpg

Gotcha for a second there! ;):jokealert:

It's not a cover for #100. Just joking. But the cover WAS released as a variant cover to a previous issue of the Walking Dead years ago as an April Fools joke for those that remember.

It would have been nice if a Tony Moore cover would've happened, but with the lawsuit forget it. 2c

Back on Free Comic Book Day when Tony Moore was at one of our LCS I asked him what was up with no #100 cover from him all I got as a response was a frowny face. His wife wouldn't really go into any details other than we both agreed that it sucked balls that Tony isn't doing a cover.

I'm certain that 99.99% of Walking Dead Fans agree! It is a sin that Moore isn't doing work on the Walking Dead. I would love for him to do a regional variant, a convention variant or really any cover of the Walking Dead for that mattter. In fact, I'd like to see him return to the book for even one issue. His work is beautiful and the fans should demand that he be asked to do art for the Walking Deada in some capacity.

Honestly, when you click on the spoiler tag you will see a Tony Moore Walking Dead variant cover!

It's not a cover for #100. Just joking. But the cover WAS released as a variant cover to a previous issue of the Walking Dead years ago as an April Fools joke for those that remember.

It would have been nice if a Tony Moore cover would've happened, but with the lawsuit forget it. 2c

Back on Free Comic Book Day when Tony Moore was at one of our LCS I asked him what was up with no #100 cover from him all I got as a response was a frowny face. His wife wouldn't really go into any details other than we both agreed that it sucked balls that Tony isn't doing a cover.

fans should demand that he be asked to do art for the Walking Dead in some capacity.

i don't believe we as fans have any right to demand anything.

Phillips

0dc11d96428df4d84ede97290f7ac.jpg

this might be my 2nd favorite. yeah, michonne isn't drawn right, but overall, i really like this.

Michonne looks more like Tyrees than she does like the character drawn by Moore and Adlard. I like the way Carl and Rick are portrayed as Rick looks vulnerable but resolved to protect his son. I also enjoyed the level of realism in their expressions (e.g., Carl looks a little bit creepy almost like he's going to enjoy the killing), but again Michonne looks like she is holding in a bowel movement. :facepalm: I think the way she was drawn ruins the cover.

It's hard for me to rank the covers. I definitely prefer the Silvestri cover but Ottley is a close second with McFarland and Adlard's wrap around cover being tied for third so far.

Edited by Nico Esq

fans should demand that he be asked to do art for the Walking Dead in some capacity.

Why not? We buy the books,.the creators make mad $ from our purchases, etc. If anyone has any right to demand something - it's us. Moore's involved in litigation with Kirkman and even if the two of them want to work together again their attorneys are going to interfere. The only way we are going to see a Moore variant is if the fans demand one from Image, Kirkman and Moore. I appreciate that artists have an ownership interest in the product they create but artists (great artists) respect their audience and respond well to requests from their fans. If Walking Dead fans voiced their desire to see a Moore variant in the near future we may actually get what we want. If I'm wrong, tell me why.

Why not? We buy the books,.the creators make mad $ from our purchases, etc. If anyone has any right to demand something - it's us. Moore's involved in litigation with Kirkman and even if the two of them want to work together again their attorneys are going to interfere. The only way we are going to see a Moore variant is if the fans demand one from Image, Kirkman and Moore. I appreciate that artists have an ownership interest in the product they create but artists (great artists) respect their audience and respond well to requests from their fans. If Walking Dead fans voiced their desire to see a Moore variant in the near future we may actually get what we want. If I'm wrong, tell me why.

why do you, or i, have any right to demand anything? it's not my book. you, and everyone else, have a right to ask for moore, but you have no right to demand kirkman to do anything with walking dead. he's taken the concept amazingly far without anyone caving in to anyone's demand. i think i'll let him do whatever he wants with his own work. it's just outrageous to me that anyone would think they are some how owed something to the point where they believe it's okay to demand things. imagine if someone demanded that you cut your sons' hair different because a few people didn't like it.

creators might make money off their work, and they should, by the way, plenty of "us" have made mad money off this series too.

i'd be more than willing to bet that you didn't even get into the series until well after it first came out.

Edited by Hawkman

why do you, or i, have any right to demand anything? it's not my book. you, and everyone else, have a right to ask for moore, but you have no right to demand kirkman to do anything with walking dead. he's taken the concept amazingly far without anyone caving in to anyone's demand. i think i'll let him do whatever he wants with his own work. it's just outrageous to me that anyone would think they are some how owed something to the point where they believe it's okay to demand things. imagine if someone demanded that you cut your sons' hair different because a few people didn't like it.

creators might make money off their work, and they should, by the way, plenty of "us" have made mad money off this series too.

Moore is arguably a co-creator and as I indicated before there is ongoing litigation. I think you are taking the term "demand" to literally. My point was that making soft requests here and there isn't going to get anything done, but if fans make a concerted effort via petition to respectfully but forcefully demand a Moore variant cover, I think it may work. I tend to use the term "demand" to mean "ask" because I'm an attorney who sends "demand letters" which are really "settlement reqeusts" so my language may not have been as precise as it should have been. Also, if I paid for your kid's haircut, I think I would have the right to voice my opinion about style but ultimately the kid's opinion matters too so it's not really a perfect analogy. I see where you are going with it, the book is Kirkman's baby, but I'm not trying to direct a plot development - I just want a variant cover drawn by a co-creator who almost everyone misses.