• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Pretty much every LCS will have them? Will there be a limit to how many you take? I never heard of free comic book day. Sorry.....commence all the laughter, I can take it.

No worries. Yeah, most LCS who are participating in FCD will have them, most limit to 1 per customer.

Pretty much every LCS will have them? Will there be a limit to how many you take? I never heard of free comic book day. Sorry.....commence all the laughter, I can take it.

No worries. Yeah, most LCS who are participating in FCD will have them, most limit to 1 per customer.

Ya it would be rude anyways to take more than 1 per person. Reason being is they are free for us but your LCS will pay 25 cents per a copy to diamond...

Has anyone ever had any problems with CGC? Specifically in regards to submitting a high grade book (at the very LEAST a 9.0 candidate, but more likely a 9.4-9.6) and having it come back a drastically lower grade?

I submitted #27 (among others) at SDCC, called and received my grades. Was happy for the most part, mostly high grades. HOWEVER, #27 is coming back a 8.5.

Bummed considering that looking at the book, there was nothing notably wrong with it. Corners were sharp, spine, etc etc etc. So I am wondering what happened and if this has happened to any of you guys before.

When I get the book back and if I see notable damage when there was none at the time of submission, what if any action can or should be taken on my part. I wont lie, it's pretty frustrating.

I guess the guy who lives in his mom's basement decided not to mess all over my item for sale

:foryou:

Okay, what did I miss...Mom just came downstairs and asked me if I could give her a foot rub.

Jim

Doug was talking about another guy who lives in his mom's basement. No worries :-)

I guess the guy who lives in his mom's basement decided not to mess all over my item for sale

:foryou:

Okay, what did I miss...Mom just came downstairs and asked me if I could give her a foot rub.

Jim

Doug was talking about another guy who lives in his mom's basement. No worries :-)

There are so many of us, it's hard to keep track. (thumbs u

Wow, guess we'll see what a Tony Moore page is worth. Strong bidding already...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271116969346&afsrc=1#ht_500wt_1361

I don't even collect WD and now I'll be watching that just to see how high it goes :ohnoez:

I bet it sells between 6k-8k

What do you think?

I think I just opened up issue # 2 and realized that Glen looked a lot like Short Round from Temple of Doom (and a LOT more "Asian" i.e. stereotypical drawing of an Asian kind of like the WWII books with Cap on the cover) than he did right before issue 100...after issue 100 he reminds me quite a bit of

Icabod Crane

So for all you OA collectors Chris Giarrusso has his cover for #103 up for sale on his website! Whoever buys it please post a pic here! Chris almost gave this cover to Kirkman from my conversation with him last month. Looks like Kirkman told him to sell it instead!

http://www.chrisgcomics.com/store.html#inv

Has anyone ever had any problems with CGC? Specifically in regards to submitting a high grade book (at the very LEAST a 9.0 candidate, but more likely a 9.4-9.6) and having it come back a drastically lower grade?

I submitted #27 (among others) at SDCC, called and received my grades. Was happy for the most part, mostly high grades. HOWEVER, #27 is coming back a 8.5.

Bummed considering that looking at the book, there was nothing notably wrong with it. Corners were sharp, spine, etc etc etc. So I am wondering what happened and if this has happened to any of you guys before.

When I get the book back and if I see notable damage when there was none at the time of submission, what if any action can or should be taken on my part. I wont lie, it's pretty frustrating.

First thing to realise is that it could be a defect on the inside of the book. Unless you checked every single page with a magnifying glass, it's possible you missed something. Unfortunately, unless the defect is obvious from the cover, you'd have to pay for grader's notes to find out what dropped it.

In terms of legal action if the book comes back with damage that wasn't there when you sent it, it could get complicated. Your books are insured by CGC while on their premises. But there would no doubt be a discussion to be had about whether the books were damaged on the way to them or not - difficult to prove. So unless you had insurance on the way over, could be problematic.

One thing I think I can say with confidence is that if CGC damaged your book, and realised they had, they wouldn't simply go ahead and grade it and return it to you - you would be contacted first (this has happened to me before).

First thing to realise is that it could be a defect on the inside of the book. Unless you checked every single page with a magnifying glass, it's possible you missed something. Unfortunately, unless the defect is obvious from the cover, you'd have to pay for grader's notes to find out what dropped it.

In terms of legal action if the book comes back with damage that wasn't there when you sent it, it could get complicated. Your books are insured by CGC while on their premises. But there would no doubt be a discussion to be had about whether the books were damaged on the way to them or not - difficult to prove. So unless you had insurance on the way over, could be problematic.

One thing I think I can say with confidence is that if CGC damaged your book, and realised they had, they wouldn't simply go ahead and grade it and return it to you - you would be contacted first (this has happened to me before).

Tell us that story!