• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

BTW nice page James :) Forgot to comment.

Got to see Charlie at a con today but unfortunately I bugged out before his Q&A. Would love to have stayed but the event was a bit disorganised and literally bursting with people... entry to the con started over an hour late, the main hall once entered could not be left for a break unless you actually wanted to queue for a bit to get back in because it was over capacity, there was zero queue management, they placed popular guests in places close enough to cause queue's to meet in the main walkways, there wasn't room to get through with easeand it was harder for disabled people or parents with children, there was no map showing which hall and where guests were located and Adlard took about 3 hours to queue for... so after seeing one other guest it was time for some guests to leave for their panel spot or photo ops by the time we started to look around again (happens if they delay the start for an hour).

I could get pickier and go on. Shame because the problems seemed like easy ones to sort out and on their own each one was small, just not enjoyable when all put together.

Actually felt like a zombie after spending 3 hours squashing my way down 2 aisles shoulder to shoulder. Charlie must have kranked out in the region of 200 sketches, quite often zombifying people or even doing the odd quick normal portrait(s) which were pretty cool. By the time we edged closer headshots only was announced and soon after they handed out 65 tickets to make a cutoff. Easily the most popular person in the main hall, the only other in a different location with a comparable queue was Jonathan Ross.

Got to chat about TWD covers, his conventions this year, Stan Sakai, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, some of the ridiculous sketchbooks he has contributed to. Got a blank done as well of a zombie herd. Then my brother got his turn.

U6CdJbW.jpg

Sketch my brother got...

8c1RBWO.jpg

My Michonne sketch (from a different signing that I got to collect today) alongside the zombie herd...

QbhVPLD.jpg

The 3 foot tall Lego Mecha Godzilla

593IDwW.jpg

Hey guys, this is pretty random but does anyone know what happened to the release of The Walking Dead: The Covers - Volume 2? Thanks.

Another random question, what's going on with Adlard's Cutting Room Floor? Wasn't it suppose to come out in 2012/2013, now January 2015?

Hey guys, this is pretty random but does anyone know what happened to the release of The Walking Dead: The Covers - Volume 2? Thanks.

Another random question, what's going on with Adlard's Cutting Room Floor? Wasn't it suppose to come out in 2012/2013, now January 2015?

I preordered the Cutting Room Floor from Booksamillion a year ago. They have since delayed release multiple times and lost track of my order status. $20 down the drain. This book looked really cool, too bad it is plagued with problems.

Oh I see it now...

BTW @James. Do you ever notice when some of the pages you own get reused for other stuff?

Like 108 p 14 being the retailer exclusive cover of the magazine?

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Issue7-retailexclusive-small.jpeg

Or the HC BC #8 being the 10 year anniversary logo and T-Shirt image?

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/twd10years-anniversary-feat.jpg

edit: here's another one reprinted, although not as a cover that someone may recognise ;)

preview-600x414.jpg

Edited by Garf