• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

I almost started a Friday night lock down, and I would have been the center of it.

whew.........fixed it quick like.

lol

hm did I miss something?

Yea I started a thread about the points but then you answered my noobish question after the fact, so I deleted the thread.

They would of had a field day with me. I should of known better, and now I do. :eek:

:roflmao: If that was in CG we all would have to come over there to bail you out lol

Yea I appreciate it. As much as you guys could of saved me, I'd still get ridiculed. Butt hurt would be immense. lol

I love seeing how much you guys get into a happy fervor about WD. Does the heart good!

Thinking of listing my first Jesus OA appearance from 91...

Hmmmm

hm cant brake the book out of plastic at this time.......feel like posting it so at the very least we can :applause:

I love seeing how much you guys get into a happy fervor about WD. Does the heart good!

Thinking of listing my first Jesus OA appearance from 91...

Hmmmm

hm cant brake the book out of plastic at this time.......feel like posting it so at the very least we can :applause:

:o Oh my good GOD........ Yes please. I'd like to see too..... hm

I don't have much wall space.......ok I do but not thinking my wife wants to see them. Unless it was Dexter,then she would be fine. lol

I was looking at the aluminum art books with the screw down pages. Thought it would be cool because they can laser cut a design on the cover. Thinking maybe a cool splash. Also thinking I could get Adlard or Tony to do something on the inside cover to start it off. Might get some kind of old school church pedestal with crosses cut into the wood. I hope I would be able to display one book at a time and store the others below the pedestal. I have started to look at frames for my office but I'm up in the air at this point.

Love the idea of books you can leave open. I would probably expand on that idea and have a large shelf they can be left on so that multiple books could be on display either closed or open at any page(s). edit: running with the inside cover idea... how about artist self portraits?

hm How about I get Tony to draw Charlie and Charlie to draw Tony

That would be unusual to say the least if they ever agreed to it, personally I would stick with their own. Seeing as you have so many pieces from the comic I thought that something like self portraits or even a picture of their respective studios or a Kirkman -script (even if it is just a printout) would add to the sum total overall as a display and points of interest, not the best ideas when it comes to putting your time and effors into growing the collection though.

I am currently trying to piece together some of the travels of the pages I have via previous owners or dealers I never thought to ask, just to add a note on the back of the frame.

Well... duh. Internet to the rescue.

Quite interesting...

http://multiversitycomics.com/columns/artist-august-charlie-adlard-art-studio/

Wow Garf so cool. His Star Wars displays are awesome. Very clean and kept up. Don't know how I feel with a sink next to my collectables though. hmlol

Sorry for the wait, busy day yesterday finally siting down

Here's the link for the page, issue 25 page 9. I thought it would have been a great piece with to start

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-REAL-ORIGINAL-COMIC-BOOK-ART-Rick-Tyrese-Dale-25-p9-Adlard-/281238587716?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417b204944

Great page for the price... but who knows what the max was.

Great page for the price, especially if it's 11x17

It is.