• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

There was an e-bay seller that created blank covers like the one you are describing. Not sure if it was the hero initiative blank or just a regular blank. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find a pic or listing for it.

Here's a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ741lUteIs

Edited by aszumilo

There was an e-bay seller that created blank covers like the one you are describing. Not sure if it was the hero initiative blank or just a regular blank. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find a pic or listing for it.

Here's a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ741lUteIs

I'd confirm with Shawn or someone at HI, but that just doesn't look right to me.

The Hero blank is on top of a reg. 100 issue. IIRC it is the same for all the blanks......Im at work and don't have the book in front of me. I will look to see on my blank how it was attached. If it was done during production it should(i think) have one set of staples going through. A fake one might have the staples removed to add the blank cover.If this was the case,maybe you can see if it was restapled. Or maybe an extra set of staples were added. I will look at mine later to see how they did it on the real one. Also IIRC something with the image logo is off with the real copies....think its with the a and the m in the logo. You can only see the outline of the letters and no lines on the inside of the letter. I can scan it later to show you what Im talking about.

Shawn(bigcluch) is on the boards....send him a PM.He can help you with his opinion.

The Hero blank is on top of a reg. 100 issue. IIRC it is the same for all the blanks......Im at work and don't have the book in front of me. I will look to see on my blank how it was attached. If it was done during production it should(i think) have one set of staples going through. A fake one might have the staples removed to add the blank cover.If this was the case,maybe you can see if it was restapled. Or maybe an extra set of staples were added. I will look at mine later to see how they did it on the real one. Also IIRC something with the image logo is off with the real copies....think its with the a and the m in the logo. You can only see the outline of the letters and no lines on the inside of the letter. I can scan it later to show you what Im talking about.

Shawn(bigcluch) is on the boards....send him a PM.He can help you with his opinion.

Just comparing his photo to mine it definitely looks different than an official one. The HI logo and names are raised too high from the bottom and the top looks like it's shifted right too much.

Heres the only decent picture of it he had on the listing

11036804_10206692749264518_1456272605663259776_o.jpg

It's hard to tell with the poor quality of the photo. Just looked at my graded copies and ExcludedTim's comment about the HI logo and names being a little high seems correct. Also, follow James' note about looking at the staples. That should be a dead giveaway.

Also, if the guy said it was a fake, then I'd believe it to be a fake. Hope you didn't pay too much for it.

-shawn

well at least he advertised it as fake... The last real blank or hope it to be real blank,went for between two and three thousand dollars.if there were fakes out there before that sale... You can expect more to come out of the woodwork.lots of scum bags out there...

Thanks a lot guys I'll let you know when the comic arrives :) And I'll take a few better pictures and maybe a scan. As for the comment on the printing being placed a little high yeah I can see that just compared it with the picture of the HI cover I had and it seems a bit odd. Here's the auction if any of you are interested in taking a look at the description

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281657957686?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks a lot guys I'll let you know when the comic arrives :) And I'll take a few better pictures and maybe a scan. As for the comment on the printing being placed a little high yeah I can see that just compared it with the picture of the HI cover I had and it seems a bit odd. Here's the auction if any of you are interested in taking a look at the description

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281657957686?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

you now need my copy of the other fake to finish your fake set :P

10268662_612009942285_6116886001283690811_n_zpswg4sxzpx.jpg