• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

Ok who has the green label 116 third print on eBay......

haha. quite the reach on his price too seeing as the only 9.8ss yellow label to sell went for what.. $1500ish.

can't wait til the stacks of those books start popping up.. i know someone with a few non signed copies.. figure that one out when apparently theres only what 25 or so all signed by adlard lol

One for you and one for me?Do not answer the PM's the other people are sending you....You would be doing a great service to make sure one of these books goes to a collector ;)

:baiting:

Riddle me this Batman as much a I love The Walking Dead #1 but there are 780 issues graded9.8 . How can the price value of well over $2000 be maintained. Sooner or later these will be common :baiting:meh

Well there's 7 billion people in the world so relatively thats 1 copy for every 8,974,358 people.... but they have to want one of course. :banana:

Riddle me this Batman as much a I love The Walking Dead #1 but there are 780 issues graded9.8 . How can the price value of well over $2000 be maintained. Sooner or later these will be common :baiting:meh

There are more graded copies of AF 15 than WD 1 and yet there is a large price discrepancy. Seems there might be some room for WD to grow. (thumbs u

Cannot wait to see how Rick and Michone deal with these survival of the fittest .

I vote for -

Eugene builds a glider and they drop some homemade napalm on the horde and their herders. BURN THEM WITH FIRE!!

Here are some reasons:

1) Issue #1 only has a print run of 7,266 copies.

2) WD is one of the top TV shows in the country. The ratings increase pretty much every season. Season 6 is starting in October and I would be very surprised if the show ends before season 12.

3) Fear the Walking Dead will be starting in 3 weeks and has already been renewed for season 2. This show should be a huge success. Even if they lose half the audience that watches the Walking Dead, which they won't, it will still have 10 million people watch it every week. There is a strong possibility that if this show becomes a hit they can start a third walking dead show. Bottom Line: The Walking Dead is HOT. I can't see it going down in popularity for many years.

4) The Walking Dead will eventually have a movie or two made. This will probably happen after the TV is cancelled.

5) The Walking Dead is bringing non comic readers into comics. I work in a large building and I know of at least 10 people that buy the walking dead comic book and TP even though they don't collect or buy any other comics. The Walking Dead is brining mainstream people into our hobby. It's only natural that some of these people will want to purchase the #1 issue. You can't compare the Walking Dead to any other comic currently being published.

6) NM #98 and SM #300 are two modern/copper comics that have print runs over 100,000. They also have many copies graded 9.8 and the prices keep going up. If these two comics keep going up with their huge print run I don't think the Walking Dead with their 7,266 print run has that much to worry about.

I'm sure there are many more reasons. This is what I came up with during my 15 minute break at work.

Walking Dead rules!!!

I'm sure there are many more reasons. This is what I came up with during my 15 minute break at work.

Get back to work Ray :baiting:lol

Here are some reasons:

1) Issue #1 only has a print run of 7,266 copies.

2) WD is one of the top TV shows in the country. The ratings increase pretty much every season. Season 6 is starting in October and I would be very surprised if the show ends before season 12.

3) Fear the Walking Dead will be starting in 3 weeks and has already been renewed for season 2. This show should be a huge success. Even if they lose half the audience that watches the Walking Dead, which they won't, it will still have 10 million people watch it every week. There is a strong possibility that if this show becomes a hit they can start a third walking dead show. Bottom Line: The Walking Dead is HOT. I can't see it going down in popularity for many years.

4) The Walking Dead will eventually have a movie or two made. This will probably happen after the TV is cancelled.

5) The Walking Dead is bringing non comic readers into comics. I work in a large building and I know of at least 10 people that buy the walking dead comic book and TP even though they don't collect or buy any other comics. The Walking Dead is brining mainstream people into our hobby. It's only natural that some of these people will want to purchase the #1 issue. You can't compare the Walking Dead to any other comic currently being published.

6) NM #98 and SM #300 are two modern/copper comics that have print runs over 100,000. They also have many copies graded 9.8 and the prices keep going up. If these two comics keep going up with their huge print run I don't think the Walking Dead with their 7,266 print run has that much to worry about.

AMEN to all of this. Walking Dead got me back into comics in 2012. Hadn't purchased a single book since 1993 growing up. After TWD it lead me to start purchasing other key books such as NM 98 (First non walking dead book I purchased lol) Demand outweighs supply and it is one of those book lines like TMNT that will have staying power for many years and many tv show / movie reboots, graphic novels, comic spinoffs :wishluck:, etc.

You can't compare the Walking Dead to any other comic currently being published.

Walking Dead got me back into comics in 2012.

This is exactly what I have been saying about the book for a while (... and I doubt I am alone on this one). Without it the comics market in general would not be quite as vibrant as it is now. That's not to say there haven't been other strong influences like Marvel's assault on the Box Office... but a lot of the films are based on reboots of existing stories, unlike TWD which is by comparison fresh blood (even though it has had 10 years). So Marvel isn't exactly setting its modern market on fire.

My brother and his wife are non-comics readers but love the show. Now they've gone back and read the complete TPB series and are continuing to buy the trades as they come out. Plus the wife also bought and read the three Governor novels as well and have bought some of the merchandise as well.

It's no stretch to think that other fans of the TV show have crossed over to the printed forms and perhaps as far as wanting to collect the monthly issues.

I don't think it's out of the question to have WD1 match TMNT1 prices someday.

You can't compare the Walking Dead to any other comic currently being published.

Walking Dead got me back into comics in 2012.

This is exactly what I have been saying about the book for a while (... and I doubt I am alone on this one). Without it the comics market in general would not be quite as vibrant as it is now. That's not to say there haven't been other strong influences like Marvel's assault on the Box Office... but a lot of the films are based on reboots of existing stories, unlike TWD which is by comparison fresh blood (even though it has had 10 years). So Marvel isn't exactly setting its modern market on fire.

WD changed TV, movies and comics for the better part of the last five-six years, and more importantly for the next decade. Period. I don't think that's hyperbole. Think of the scripts and shows which have been green-lighted, similar content that other networks are looking at now that they never did before (Sorry NBC...), the writers and producers who have come through TWD that are bringing that formula and experience to other networks, the cons, the fans, the haters, Skybound, etc.

It's an outlier. The idea of comparing it to another entertainment property as a gauge won't work.