• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,448 posts in this topic

I wish that the Walking Dead will switch to six weeks between issues w/ a higher cover price and more pages. I know we won't get a regular three week gap b/w issues, but I've really enjoyed more WD in my month. I think I would like it even better if we got more pages per book. If only I had the patience to read this book in TPB format.

Any one have any theories on Daryl Dixon they want to share? I've hear speculation that he will still appear and take his crossbow from Dwight, but that was conjecture and not inside information.

I wish that the Walking Dead will switch to six weeks between issues w/ a higher cover price and more pages. I know we won't get a regular three week gap b/w issues, but I've really enjoyed more WD in my month. I think I would like it even better if we got more pages per book. If only I had the patience to read this book in TPB format.

Any one have any theories on Daryl Dixon they want to share? I've hear speculation that he will still appear and take his crossbow from Dwight, but that was conjecture and not inside information.

I agree about the longer period between issues - it would make for better everything, artwork, letter hacks, story -- it seems like every 3rd issue Kirklady apologizes for the rush, the lack of responses, the delays, etc, etc, etc, blah blah blah -

I honestly feel like the franchise has lost its indie charm - its now really really mainstream and its suffering because if it -

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot more TV tie ins with the book - I think Kirkman is all about the $ now - action figures, trading cards, apparel - its becoming kitsch! =(

Edited by Jerry S

I've never timed an issue, but it feels like I could light a smoke and read the issue before I put it out. It's frustrating and I don't think it would harm sales or revenue. Hopefully he'll decide to go with a six week schedule when the plot developments in the comic change the storyline so much that the network wants to provide input on plot lines ... I think it's gong to have to be some development like that to inspire any change to the way the book is currently being published. We should do a poll of Walking Dead fans on this blog (I think it is the largest and longest blog about the series on the net) and then have someone send him a letter with the results. I imagine that there would be massive support for a 6 week gap, more pages and a higher cover price.

Nico I'd agree with you. I don't think any fan would stop purchasing the comic if the price got raised.

but it feels like I could light a smoke and read the issue before I put it out

Its funny you say that cause that's exactly what I did. I opened the book, went out to my patio, lit a smoke (100s) and after putting it out I think I had 2 pages left. I felt bamboozled for a bit.

I agree about the longer period between issues - it would make for better everything, artwork, letter hacks, story -- it seems like every 3rd issue Kirklady apologizes for the rush, the lack of responses, the delays, etc, etc, etc, blah blah blah -

I honestly feel like the franchise has lost its indie charm - its now really really mainstream and its suffering because if it -

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot more TV tie ins with the book - I think Kirkman is all about the $ now - action figures, trading cards, apparel - its becoming kitsch! =(

This.

Anyone picking up these new WD comic book trading cards that are coming out next month?

Is there an official release date for these out?

I believe the date is late August.

This.

You guys are hilarious. You sound exactly like indy music fans raging against their little secret band "going commercial." WD has had ups and downs throughout the series. Go back and re-read some of the issues in the 50s. See if it takes you more than 5 minutes to read those issues. Go back and look at what people were saying about how boring the book got after the Governor saga was over.

This.

You guys are hilarious. You sound exactly like indy music fans raging against their little secret band "going commercial." WD has had ups and downs throughout the series. Go back and re-read some of the issues in the 50s. See if it takes you more than 5 minutes to read those issues. Go back and look at what people were saying about how boring the book got after the Governor saga was over.

lol if you check the letter hacks, Kirkmanboy apologizes in those editor notes as well

This.

lol if you check the letter hacks, Kirkmanboy apologizes in those editor notes as well

:) Exactly. The thing about WD is that most of us grew up on superheroes and action. And if we go too long without it, something is wrong and we get twitchy, like squirrels. I don't buy into the whole "Kirkman is a genius" thing, but I do think he is a good comic writer, and I do think that WD is still his baby.