• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,447 posts in this topic

In finally catching up through the most recent TPB, I had a similar thought to the same one I used to have while watching 7 seasons of Entourage: it seems like these people are rinsing & repeating every season (or in the case of the WD comic books, every 12 issues or so): same old story.

If I have to read another conversation where Rick debates involving his group with another community or where he will build more moat-like protective structures IN that new community, or he has to cry in a corner in a SAFER house in a NEWER community...I'm going to go mental.

I can't wait until a mysterious stranger from the MOON arrives, and at first they tie him up because he must want to kill them because he's "from the MOON" but then Rick decides they have to take chances and go to the MOON to see what it's like, and then they go to the MOON and wow, great new community, but first lets kill a few of the evil moon people so we can take over and rebuild that community as our own....

That will be an awesome, but familiar story.

Don't get me wrong - love the book, but I'm starting to experience an awful lot of deja vu. Fortunately the show mixes things up enough to keep me guessing.

In finally catching up through the most recent TPB, I had a similar thought to the same one I used to have while watching 7 seasons of Entourage: it seems like these people are rinsing & repeating every season (or in the case of the WD comic books, every 12 issues or so): same old story.

If I have to read another conversation where Rick debates involving his group with another community or where he will build more moat-like protective structures IN that new community, or he has to cry in a corner in a SAFER house in a NEWER community...I'm going to go mental.

I can't wait until a mysterious stranger from the MOON arrives, and at first they tie him up because he must want to kill them because he's "from the MOON" but then Rick decides they have to take chances and go to the MOON to see what it's like, and then they go to the MOON and wow, great new community, but first lets kill a few of the evil moon people so we can take over and rebuild that community as our own....

That will be an awesome, but familiar story.

Don't get me wrong - love the book, but I'm starting to experience an awful lot of deja vu. Fortunately the show mixes things up enough to keep me guessing.

:roflmao:

is it worth paying $100 + in cgc/fees to get a twd #19 signed by Kirkman and Adlard ?.. I'd think it would get at least a 9.6 ... This would be an extra I'd have so it would just go up for sale on ebay or some place I guess

Anybody have any idea when "Episode 2" of the game is coming out???

Jim

Either the 15th or 25th if I remember correctly.

I'm soooo ready for it. For some reason I thought it was coming out the last Tuesday of May. That was a sad Tuesday.

Keith,

Is the game sweet? I thought about downloading it...

Not Keith obviously - but the game is alright - its sort of like a time-crisis or resident evil without the guns -- there is 0 shooting -

it is all time-based decision tree type gaming - fun if you like it -

the game took me about 2 hours to finish - some puzzles are linear and dumb - others require you to use a bit of logic, but not much --

all in all, well worth the 5 bucks spent or so

personally if you want a much better full fledged zombie experience, play fallout 3, dead island, or red dead redemption undead nightmare, or my favorite game of all time - borderlands - and the expansion pack, dr. neds island (packed with zombie fun)

Edited by Jerry S

is it worth paying $100 + in cgc/fees to get a twd #19 signed by Kirkman and Adlard ?.. I'd think it would get at least a 9.6 ... This would be an extra I'd have so it would just go up for sale on ebay or some place I guess

$100??

They'll both be at SDCC, just find a facilitator. Should be a lot cheaper than that.

Keith,

Is the game sweet? I thought about downloading it...

Not Keith obviously - but the game is alright - its sort of like a time-crisis or resident evil without the guns -- there is 0 shooting -

You kill me Keith. :roflmao:

Yeah, I'll have to check it out. (thumbs u

I was told $75 per book & then there are fees for the signing Its at sdcc yes but I will be submitting the books through someone

Edited by synch

Even a 9.6 sells at a decent price. It all comes down to what you have into the book. It would certainly be ideal to get a 9.8, but even a SS 9.6, depending on the total you have into it, could prove fruitful.

There's a 9.6 SS on ebay right now, if you want to watch that auction and see how it does ;)

I think I will look it up now thank you :):golfclap: Do I recall right in reading that a 9.8 at some point went for $1000 ???(shrug)

Edited by synch

I was told $75 per book & then there are fees for the signing Its at sdcc yes but I will be submitting the books through someone

Well then someone lied to you...Sig Series is about 35 bucks.

Jim

It's $28 for a single SS book subbed under the Modern tier. CGC, however, has begun bumping high value moderns like WD #1-3, 19, etc to the Standard SS tier which costs $65.

According to GPA, a 4 sig copy sold for 2k :o back in May and another copy signed by two (Kirk and Moore) hit $1200. They are oddities, in that, everything else in the SS this year has been 7-850 (shrug)

Them crazy collectors lol

Well then someone lied to you...Sig Series is about 35 bucks.

Jim

It's $28 for a single SS book subbed under the Modern tier. CGC, however, has begun bumping high value moderns like WD #1-3, 19, etc to the Standard SS tier which costs $65.

Wow...I didn't know that. I stand corrected.

Jim

Just wanted to share with everyone my new Walking Dead table my buddy made --

He takes a TPB and cuts it up, the acrylics it --- this is about 85% done -

Anyone who wants one made, PM me.

kpo7q.jpg

Edited by Jerry S