• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,465 posts in this topic

Oh wow, I actually do think that is a good price for this comic. Much harder to find than a Bone #1, and no reprints whatsoever.

Yes, this will never be reprinted in full. I think that Jeff very reluctantly reprinted some of the better examples in Before Bone. He doesn't like this book at all which sorta adds to the appeal.

what do #1 9.6s usually go for? theres one on eBay that is already over 750

They are quite affordable these days. The last two have both gone for under a grand (September and December).

Never heard of this line of books before but it sounds really interesting. The action in the Cow Race should make for some interesting pages and I really want to see the OA for cover #8. Thanks for the news... :grin:

Yes they are. Looking at the art size of the pieces on the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum Image Database it looks like Jeff draws the art on 14" x 17" boards. It sounds like IDW crops all of modern books to 12" x 17". Even on the 14" x 17" board the art is less then 12" x 17" so that would make sense to go with a more standard size to keep with the other books already published. Lets just hope Jeff didn't make any notes in the borders that will be cropped out. Being able to see into the process of the book as it was being created is one of the great things about the Artist Editions. The books are really a sight to behold. I have a copy of the Dave Stevens' Rocketeer Artist's Edition. :)

Hey Bone fans!

Jeff Smith returned to the comic show this weekend at WonderCon after one year off. My authorized CGC dealer called and informed me that Jeff Smith charged $30 per signing. That money will be donated to Comic Book Fraudulent fund (I am not sure if this is the correct information). The dealer asked him to reduce the price. He flatly refused. It's only one hour for Jeff Smith's signing. I never heard of him charging the signature fee before.

What's up with him? I told my dealer to back it off. My ten books were gone unsigned. Jeff will attend San Diego Comic Con this July. If he still charges the signings, I will have him to sign my #1 copy. That would be it with him.

Hey Bone fans!

Jeff Smith returned to the comic show this weekend at WonderCon after one year off. My authorized CGC dealer called and informed me that Jeff Smith charged $30 per signing. That money will be donated to Comic Book Fraudulent fund (I am not sure if this is the correct information). The dealer asked him to reduce the price. He flatly refused. It's only one hour for Jeff Smith's signing. I never heard of him charging the signature fee before.

What's up with him? I told my dealer to back it off. My ten books were gone unsigned. Jeff will attend San Diego Comic Con this July. If he still charges the signings, I will have him to sign my #1 copy. That would be it with him.

I was just told the same thing - that Jeff is only signing at the CBLDF booth and it's $30/signature. I'm a CBLDF member and don't mind supporting them, but $30/signature is outrageous - my books will probably end up unsigned as well ...

You are now disappointed as well as now am I!

Jeff Smith will attend at San Diego Comic Con this July. Wait and see until my authorized CGC dealer will let me know.

If he still charges the signings, that is it and I will go for the unsigned graded books.

Still uncertain....I think Bone movie will be released in 2014.

Jeff is a stand up guy that i have had the opportunity to meet several times over the years, amazingly enough never at a Con.

If he is charging for sigs and donating it to the CBLDF, then I say more power to him. I have zero problem paying that for a sig if it is going to a good cause....the ones i have a problem with are the people who charge exorbitant amounts for a sig just to pad their wallet.

Hey Bone fans!

I was just told the same thing - that Jeff is only signing at the CBLDF booth and it's $30/signature. I'm a CBLDF member and don't mind supporting them, but $30/signature is outrageous - my books will probably end up unsigned as well ...

Yeah, I heard about this a few weeks ago with the private signing that Jake was trying to arrange. I'm with you Michael, I don't mind if he charges a little for a good cause like CBLDF but $30 is way over the top. From what I understand, this was all CBLDF's doing so I don't know how much input he had on the matter. I feel bad for the kids who probably looked forward to meeting him and getting their color TPBs signed.

From all the stories I've ever heard about Jeff, he's always gone out of his way to sign everybody's books for free. I think this is definitely a first.

Based on the future Bone movie, I would love to complete my Bone collection - signed or not before the movie is released.

When will the movie is released? Hope that Jeff is doing for CBLDF once.

There's a very slight possibility that the Bone movie will come out in 2014. Last month, the director, PJ Hogan (Peter Pan), was attached to direct a movie called "And So It Goes" with Michael Douglas which was planned for a 2014 release but now it's a Rob Reiner film. This tells me that they're experiencing some delays so my best guess is 2015 at the earliest.