• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,462 posts in this topic

If he was at the CBLDF booth, odds are the money went to them, and they are certainly a worthy cause.

I assure you, it all went to them. CBLDF are part owners of Jeff Smith :)

Hopefully, he did for the cause once.

I understood that he was off guard by few complaints about Sex, Drugs, Alcohol and others in his books to protect their kids. His cause is to defend his Bone as well as others. Hopefully, it was one time for him this year.

After #12 issue, each NM/M condition issue is only $6 to $10 worth against $30 signature per copy plus $35 Signature Series Modern Tier per copy. Go figures. No one will buy any issues after #12. Once again, hopefully, he will sign each book for free like old days before the movie is released within few years.

See what happens at SDCC in July. To be continued.

Hopefully, he did for the cause once.

I understood that he was off guard by few complaints about Sex, Drugs, Alcohol and others in his books to protect their kids. His cause is to defend his Bone as well as others. Hopefully, it was one time for him this year.

After #12 issue, each NM/M condition issue is only $6 to $10 worth against $30 signature per copy plus $35 Signature Series Modern Tier per copy. Go figures. No one will buy any issues after #12. Once again, hopefully, he will sign each book for free like old days before the movie is released within few years.

See what happens at SDCC in July. To be continued.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a good flip. All I'm saying is that you probably won't get much sympathy in a fan-centric thread.

Direct from Jeff's mouth: it was 3k. :)

Thanks. You asked him directly or read it?

Several interviews back in the 90s. The first print was very popular and everyone wanted to know from Jeff himself. "2k" made it's debut on eBay many years back and it continues for obvious reasons.

Direct from Jeff's mouth: it was 3k. :)

Thanks. You asked him directly or read it?

Several interviews back in the 90s. The first print was very popular and everyone wanted to know from Jeff himself. "2k" made it's debut on eBay many years back and it continues for obvious reasons.

Thank you (thumbs u

This copy just resurfaced again with a very optimistic BIN of $2000. The seller ended up taking a Best Offer of $1200 for it. I think in this case someone unknowledgeable bought into the buyer's description which is what I think happened when the original buyer purchased it at $895. That seems very high to me but they seem to sell for more and more each time they show up. (shrug)

Link to auction

Guest Grails

I put mine up for sale here last week for $800 and it sold in about two hours. I would definitely pay 2k for a high grade copy. I'd take a NM Thorn over a 9.8 Bone #1 any day.

Guest Grails

Why would I take Thorn over Bone #1? It's a more desirable book to me. Earlier appearance, lower print run. 1000 copies printed though probably more scarce now.

Which would you prefer a 9.8 Bone #1 or a NM Thorn: Tales From The Lantern?

You can put me in the 9.8 #1 camp. Four or five years ago, I'd want a HG Thorn no question but this was just before the release of "Before Bone". Once I cracked that book open and started seeing the "best of" strips from Tales of the Lantern, my interest seriously waned. I understand the novelty of the book and it's sorta fun to see the origins of some of the major plot points, but the tone is completely different from the story I grew up with...and not in a good way.