• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,462 posts in this topic

Are Bone #19-25 worth more than $1 apiece? I am looking at another collection that has those issues in it.

They will go well with the copy of #1 (1st) I landed in a collection last year at an average cost of $4/book. It was mostly late GA/SA through early copper DC, but he had a Bone #1 (1st) in nice shape in it for some reason.

As raw comics, #19 and #20 would be worth a little more than the others considering they weren't massively printed by Image...but not by much. I'd say you could at least double the money spent on grading fees if you hit a blue label 9.8 of #19-25 and probably cover grading fees if you got a 9.6. Anything below those grades will be a struggle until any hopeful news about the movie is released.

Congrats on the #1! I'm sure that will help pay for a lot of that collection if you sell. :)

It has been quiet.

Lin Pictures has Jeff Smith's movie right. I consistently checked with boneville.com to see if there are any recent updates on developing the Bone movie. It came empty. The last update was 2012.

Do you have any brightest idea of whenever the Bone movie comes out? I don't think it will ever happen in few more years. Jeff Smith may slow it down or the production company keeps frog-leaping the Bone movie projects with other movie projects.

What is your thought?

How do people feel about Jeff's sig on 1st prints of the early issues? Is that bad? What if the sig is just on the black area on the back?

I think they're awesome, see... Bone 1 CGC SS 9.8

How many Bone 1s have sketches on them?

Does this become the best/most desirable Bone book now?

How do people feel about Jeff's sig on 1st prints of the early issues? Is that bad? What if the sig is just on the black area on the back?

That Bone #1 CGC 9.8 SS is awesome! Congrats Joel Elad!!!

(thumbs u (thumbs u

I never really looked at the census for Bone #1 before, and quite frankly I'm surprised there are so few SS copies. Only 9, soon to be 10 once Joel's 9.8 is added. Why are there so few?

With there being so few, maybe they all belong to boardies? (shrug)

Mine is one of the CGC 8.5's. It has a Fone Bone and Ted the bug sketch.

I think it becomes the best/most desirable Bone book on these boards. You're on a CGC message board, so people here are really into and appreciate CGC 9.8's.

To me though, the best/most desirable Bone book is still Thorn: Tales from the lantern. They are tough to find in any condition, let alone high grade.

That Bone #1 CGC 9.8 SS is awesome! Congrats Joel Elad!!!

(thumbs u (thumbs u

I never really looked at the census for Bone #1 before, and quite frankly I'm surprised there are so few SS copies. Only 9, soon to be 10 once Joel's 9.8 is added. Why are there so few?

With there being so few, maybe they all belong to boardies? (shrug)

Mine is one of the CGC 8.5's. It has a Fone Bone and Ted the bug sketch.

I think it becomes the best/most desirable Bone book on these boards. You're on a CGC message board, so people here are really into and appreciate CGC 9.8's.

To me though, the best/most desirable Bone book is still Thorn: Tales from the lantern. They are tough to find in any condition, let alone high grade.

Personally, I don't like the early issues SS'd, especially #1-5. They're simply too difficult to find as 9.8s with those darn black back covers. It's hard enough trying to find a copy without a non-witnessed signature to begin with (given that he signed so many back in the early days).

I've seen four of the five blue label 9.8s from pics and/or scans. One of them looks like a 9.6 but the other three are fairly close to each other. Obviously, I'd choose one of these over the SS.

I've grown less and less desirous of the Tales From the Lantern book as I've learned more about it. Would still like to own one but not at the prices they usually go for. I'm probably in the minority on this issue. lol

Personally, I don't like the early issues SS'd, especially #1-5. They're simply too difficult to find as 9.8s with those darn black back covers. It's hard enough trying to find a copy without a non-witnessed signature to begin with (given that he signed so many back in the early days).

I've seen four of the five blue label 9.8s from pics and/or scans. One of them looks like a 9.6 but the other three are fairly close to each other. Obviously, I'd choose one of these over the SS.

I've grown less and less desirous of the Tales From the Lantern book as I've learned more about it. Would still like to own one but not at the prices they usually go for. I'm probably in the minority on this issue. lol

I hope that one is not mine! :eek:

No matter, I'd still love the little bugger unconditionally. :insane:

Oh please...you know yours is the best! lol

Well, I have a copy of number 1 that I bought back when issue #4 was the current issue. I'm thinking of having it signed. I'm sure it's not a 9.8 though. Maybe a 9.0.

As long as you show it here once it's finished :)

Good luck! :wishluck:

Oh please...you know yours is the best! lol

lol:cloud9: